• The KillerFrogs

SMU game cancelled

Paint It Purple

I don’t think this proves your premise at all.

Genuinely think TCU had and still has every intention of playing as full of a season as possible.

It really doesn’t make logical sense to think otherwise, imo.

People testing positive was and still is inevitable, sure. But this seems to be a situation where there was a sudden and unexpected mini explosion of positives that popped up and completely killed our ability to field a team.
Back in February we were told this would last a few weeks. Give us time to flatten the curve and stock up on masks so our hospitals won't be overrun. "We" said okay. This makes "logical sense"... we will go along. It has never stopped since. It keeps getting doubled down and more. I don't know the TCU AD or Administrators, but I know the type and this bunch fits the profile perfectly. The only reason we've gotten this far is outside pressure on them to play football. They are scared and weak in the face of a crisis. It's nothing personal toward them. They have plenty of company across the nation, and that cover is part of their problem.

LeagueCityFrog

Back in February we were told this would last a few weeks. Give us time to flatten the curve and stock up on masks so our hospitals won't be overrun. "We" said okay. This makes "logical sense"... we will go along. It has never stopped since. It keeps getting doubled down and more. I don't know the TCU AD or Administrators, but I know the type and this bunch fits the profile perfectly. The only reason we've gotten this far is outside pressure on them to play football. They are scared and weak in the face of a crisis. It's nothing personal toward them. They have plenty of company across the nation, and that cover is part of their problem.

This is False. TCU Administration wants to play football. TCU is not the Pac-12. TCU Admin 100% wants football to go play as close to planned as possible.

Farmfrog

Like others I wonder if our protocols are working. GP said everything was good and less than 24 hours later half the team is out. I have to wonder if we can get the season in.

Hopefully this will galvanize the team and bring them together.

Eight

Like others I wonder if our protocols are working. GP said everything was good and less than 24 hours later half the team is out. I have to wonder if we can get the season in.

Hopefully this will galvanize the team and bring them together.

have it on good authority that the team covid co-ordinator took on the duties after overseeing the frogs special teams for the past several years so we will have this thing locked down in no time or a few years

what's the worst than can possibly happen right?

Last edited:

HFrog1999

have it on good authority that the team covid team co-ordinator took on the duties after overseeing the frogs special teams for the past several years so we will have this thing locked down in no time or a few years

what's the worst than can possibly happen right?

giphy.gif

froginmn

Read the article on 247, he explains the big 12 protocols in regards to this situation. You basically have to play the game if you have 53 non covid players and at least one person backup for each field position. I believe TCU has 100 kids on the team or so. Do the math.
Based on that math, we should be set to play all of the remaining games, given how many will be immune going forward.

LisaLT

I have reported this post to mods because it flames the board and is the most blatant example of unwritten rule violation. If the mods do their job you will be on vacation for a few days...I suggest taking that vacation at a beach.
Will be doing that for sure this weekend since it will be in the 90’s at the beach!

Pharm Frog

It is true. Good thing we have a couple weeks until Iowa State. Unfortunately several key players will be out for two weeks

Then just go ahead and shut it down. If 7 positives (symptomatic or non, false or true) kill a game, then put the season out of its misery. Spoke with two docs this week who are being told to test 2x a week. Both said the risk of throwing a false positive was too high to comply.