• The KillerFrogs

Since chef Tim Love is TCU related ....

VictoryLap

Frog-in-law1995 said:
I'll bet you a billion dollars that if you did 100 legitimate blind taste tests between McCormicks vodka and Tito's vodka, the result would be a statistical tie, or within 5 points either way.

McCormicks is the worst vodka I've ever had. Not the cheapest (I think Skol and some others are cheaper) but that [ Finebaum ] is terrible. I would be beyond surprised if this was the result. Don't have a billion dollars to bet though. How bout $5?

Jake102 said:
My beer scale ranking system goes something like this:

How many beers I can drink before I fall asleep / cost of beer.

Coors light = 4 beers / $1 per beer = ranking of 4

Most craft beers = .5 beers / $3 per beer = .1666777

Drinking Shiner Birthday Chocolate Stout (and not really craft, but so what) - 6 pack is $1.32/beer. I usually buy 12 packs of whatever is on sale for $12.99 or $1.08 per beer.

DeuceBoogieNights said:
Personally, I don't see how a person could not like craft beer. Its like Bud, Miller, Coors, etc... but better and higher alcohol %. More power to you though. Drink what you like. I think coffee is terrible but there are a ton of people who enjoy it.

But coffee is a drug. Oh wait. 

ArgyleFrog2010 said:
here's an angle we haven't discussed... Tailgating & Beer

drinking craft beer at a tailgate seems un-American. 

craft beer makes me tired and boring.  I drink an ice cold American lager with a Marlboro light in my hand and something just sparks and says "I'm here to have a kick arse time and go watch my team kick arse"

you throw washers or cornhole with one hand and a beer in the other.  you play beer pong.  you toss the pigskin even. 

craft beer you sit around in your chair and talk and make sure to switch to your Duvel glass when pouring that Duvel?

My go to during football season is Sam Adams Octoberfest as soon as it comes out. They have it bottles or cans and it delicious. Better for night games on hot days though. 

My Buddy Steve

VictoryLap said:

My go to during football season is Sam Adams Octoberfest as soon as it comes out. They have it bottles or cans and it delicious. Better for night games on hot days though. 
I've seen people drink hard liquor at the tailgates on the hot noon games. How they do this is beyond me.

ftwfrog

VictoryLap said:

Oh how I love Oktoberfest beer. Problem is how Sam Adams comes out with it the end of July and brings out their winter lager on November 1st. Nobody wants an Oktoberfest in August unless it's to dip your balls in. Too hot!!

TCUownstheBig12

I hate to bring such gloomy news to this board during a week of joy but after five years, I will be leaving the glorious Midwestern metropolis of Chicago...so you won't have your trusted and beloved source for all things pertaining to the Chicago culinary scene.  I am truly sorry for this...I feel like I've let y'all down... I hope you can survive.  

On the bright side, I will be much closer to the many fine Tim Love eateries... 

Limp Lizard

Love you vodka connoisseurs.  Official government definition, so legally required.
27CFR 5.22 (a) (1):  “Vodka” is neutral spirits so distilled, or so treated after distillation with charcoal or other materials, as to be without distinctive character, aroma, taste, or color. :rolleyes: 

Dogfrog

Didn't read all but what am I missing? Does anybody really give a solitary boat what the chef's personality is? Just cook it up and bring it to me. If I like it good, if not Screw you I won't be back.

H

hiphopfroggy

Tim Love fan is winning and his food is good. Think about how much food that guy is responsible for its kind of crazy