• The KillerFrogs

Since chef Tim Love is TCU related ....

10 Key Frog

3117317.gif

Ron Swanson

I've never met the guy, but even if I had never heard a bad thing about him, I'm fairly certain I wouldn't like him.

He has an annoying and punchable face....

tim%20love1.jpg

ifrog

Limp Lizard said:
Here is the FW Weekly article referred to in the article.  Hopefully the food services will be much better this year in ACS.  Wonder if it was one of his guys that kicked out my son-in-law from seats on #13 despite the fact he was an invited guest?  

Sounds like he has a bunch of anal sphincters working for him, too....wonder if he recruits from the FFF?

http://www.fwweekly.com/2014/07/02/eat-drink-and-burn-bridges/
Both him and Spears are two of the metroplex biggest douchebags

TCURiggs

Limp Lizard said:
Here is the FW Weekly article referred to in the article.  Hopefully the food services will be much better this year in ACS.  Wonder if it was one of his guys that kicked out my son-in-law from seats on #13 despite the fact he was an invited guest?  

Sounds like he has a bunch of anal sphincters working for him, too....wonder if he recruits from the FFF?

http://www.fwweekly.com/2014/07/02/eat-drink-and-burn-bridges/
Is Froglaw your son-in-law?

Limp Lizard

TCURiggs said:
Is Froglaw your son-in-law?
Nope.  Not a real big Frog follower, certainly not on the FFF, but my daughter (Little Lizard) received her degree from TCU in 2002.

He enjoys Colonial, and was pretty miffed with the way he was treated.

Frog-in-law1995

First game at the new stadium we got there real early and skipped tailgating to take a self-tour. Got a rediculously tricked up cheeseburger (manchego? seriously?) over in the east side concession area, and sat there there stunned while TL ripped a group of food service people for having the audacity to not get his chile-lime-queso fresco corn on the cob thing perfect on the first try. First time I ever heard my wife call anyone a DB.

tcujsauce

Ron Swanson said:
I've never met the guy, but even if I had never heard a bad thing about him, I'm fairly certain I wouldn't like him.

He has an annoying and punchable face....

tim%20love1.jpg
Came very close to doing that several times, but the lawsuit that would follow wouldn't be worth it.

Hemingway

ifrog said:
Both him and Spears are two of the metroplex biggest [Cowherd]bags
I'm going to have to call you out here. Grady is one of the nicest guys around. I know both men and although both have always been respectful to me, they are completely different. Tim is wired the way he is and he does rub people the wrong way.
But calling out Spears? What did he do?

TCUownstheBig12

I am a Tim Love fan.  I have had the privilege of being able to chat with some very high profile chefs and restauranteurs in Chicago--many Michelin-starred multiple times over--and they all a) have a major ego (which is key to their success in that industry) and b) they all are aware of Tim Love and what he has done to elevate Fort Worth as a respectable food destination.  He has done a ton for Fort Worth--from the first time he defeated Iron Chef Morimoto on Iron Chef America to his first appearance with Andrew Zimmern on Bizarre Foods (the introduction of his patented rattlesnake-rabbit sausage)--and I don't think any other chef in the area can claim to have done 1/10th as much for the greater good of the Fort Worth culinary image on a national scale. 

I have worked with his catering company recently on two events and they have been exceptional.  Granted, these are small scale ventures compared to the Colonial and TCU...but they were easy to work with and provided amazing, Tim Love-signature cuisine.  I have had a chance to meet him in person as well and he was nothing short of pleasant if not a bit cocky--but I always felt like he was being himself, which was appreciated.

Personally, having been away from Fort Worth over the past seven years living in San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Chicago, I am very proud to claim Tim Love as our city's culinary ambassador.

ifrog

Hemingway said:
I'm going to have to call you out here. Grady is one of the nicest guys around. I know both men and although both have always been respectful to me, they are completely different. Tim is wired the way he is and he does rub people the wrong way.
But calling out Spears? What did he do?
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion , I formed my opinion based on my experiences , not what others have to say.