• The KillerFrogs

Signing day 2023: the early late signing day edition

From Andrew Miller at Hook’em Headlines regarding Warren Roberson—
‘And it was recently reported by Inside Texas/On Texas Football in the last few days that TCU taking multiple defensive backs late in the 2023 cycle was one of the main factors that led to Roberson passing on signing with the Frogs during the Early Signing Period last month.

I would guess that it is some combination of TCU loading up at DB in the 2023 class along with the departure of Carrington to Arizona State that ultimately led to Roberson keeping his options open in the last couple of months. Roberson had a tight connection with Carrington when he was initially being recruited to TCU.

All in all, if I had to pick a leader in this recruitment a couple of days ahead of the late signing period, Texas would be my de facto favorite. Getting the last in-person visit before signing day is always huge. And Texas has a depth need remaining in the defensive backfield after it lost four-star safety commit Jamel Johnson to TCU in this recruiting cycle along with multiple other young DBs to the transfer portal.’

Eight

From Andrew Miller at Hook’em Headlines regarding Warren Roberson—
‘And it was recently reported by Inside Texas/On Texas Football in the last few days that TCU taking multiple defensive backs late in the 2023 cycle was one of the main factors that led to Roberson passing on signing with the Frogs during the Early Signing Period last month.

I would guess that it is some combination of TCU loading up at DB in the 2023 class along with the departure of Carrington to Arizona State that ultimately led to Roberson keeping his options open in the last couple of months. Roberson had a tight connection with Carrington when he was initially being recruited to TCU.

All in all, if I had to pick a leader in this recruitment a couple of days ahead of the late signing period, Texas would be my de facto favorite. Getting the last in-person visit before signing day is always huge. And Texas has a depth need remaining in the defensive backfield after it lost four-star safety commit Jamel Johnson to TCU in this recruiting cycle along with multiple other young DBs to the transfer portal.’

texas doesn't have a bigger depth need than tcu because they might only have signed 2 and picked up 2 transfers in this year's class they signed 5 and picked up 2 last year......

Safety, Warren Roberson’s decision expected tomorrow, February 7.
“TCU is also making a big late push to try and retain Roberson’s commitment and ultimately get him to sign with their 2023 class.”

Last edited: