• The KillerFrogs

Shoutout to Coach Patterson

The TCU Football Jerk

Have to disagree with you on this one there was no college playoff in our Rose Bowl undefeated year, had there been one we would have gone to the national championship after beating Wisconsin! Also do not forget the year we were #3 only to be kicked out at the last minute by Ohio State, Gary got screwed on that one.
Yeah, but what have you done for me lately? That was years ago. He's got the well deserved statue, but I'm glad he's gone. We don't sniff the natty this year with him at the helm.

Frostie

Yeah, but what have you done for me lately? That was years ago. He's got the well deserved statue, but I'm glad he's gone. We don't sniff the natty this year with him at the helm.
I don't disagree with you on that at all, I am simply calling out that he had some very good teams but went up against a system that was against him competing for the national championship.

BleedNPurple

Gary built a bedrock for this program that we hadn’t had in forever. It started with Fran but Gary took it up by 1000. Gary hit his threshold and with a fresh voice and fresh coaches Sonny picked up the pieces and has pushed it where Gary had aimed for it to go. This team would not be where it is without the work and effort of Coach Patterson. It was time for a fresh voice and new direction on many levels. Coach Dykes has taken the pieces and is solving the end of the puzzle. Really great year - Let’s give the credit to both coaches and live in the moment. I hope Coach Dykes invites Gary to come be on the sidelines for the last two minutes of the championship game next Monday as we win the trophy. HCGP has earned the respect for handing Coach Dykes a Ferrari that needed some tweaks to take to the track and win the Natty! And likewise - maybe we can bring the saga of Coach Patterson full circle and put closure on a situation where the history of Coach Patterson and the many players and successes Gary’s teams had can also be celebrated. Coach P still has a place in the TCU history that should be recognized and also celebrated.

Last edited:

Frogs1983

I get his point, this board is surprisingly negative towards GP which is quite frankly stupid. However, today Gary can join us as a fan in celebrating Sonny and his team for taking us one step further.
Patterson didn't help himself on this board(doubt he gives a crap ) by running off to put on puke orange, and then posting it all over social media!

Grateful to him, but he earned some of the "negativity " he's received IMO.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

At this point Patterson is Moses. He can lead the Israelites to the promise land, but he won't get to enter.
Hey…that was my metaphor about 4 years ago. But then again some folk on this board have no idea about Exodus apparently. I say apparently because whoever it is must be on my ignore list. Hoping Sonny is our Joshua.

Horny4TCU

Hey…that was my metaphor about 4 years ago. But then again some folk on this board have no idea about Exodus apparently. I say apparently because whoever it is must be on my ignore list. Hoping Sonny is our Joshua.
My dad just told me he said the same thing. Maybe it was floating around in my head somewhere and just came out. Not going to claim it as an original thought anymore haha.

arlingtonbell

My belief is that GP was up to the task, but his staff wasn’t. He was unable or unwilling to realize that and make the appropriate adjustments.

I wish him well and will be eternally grateful for what TCU Football accomplished under his leadership.
If you are truly up to the task a head coach that includes putting together a competent staff not staff of yes men who are afraid to challenge you. GP deserves a ton of credit for what he established but he doesn't get a pass for the last few seasons

Horned Toad

I get his point, this board is surprisingly negative towards GP which is quite frankly stupid. However, today Gary can join us as a fan in celebrating Sonny and his team for taking us one step further.
Only a few nimrods on here are ungrateful for Gary, most of us know who brought us to this point. This site doesn’t represent all of Frog Fandom. Gary got us out of the wasteland and Sonny took us to the next level. Nothing wrong with forever being grateful for what Gary did for us. Long live GMFP and thank you Sonny.