• The KillerFrogs

SEC just stated they WILL NOT go to 16 teams

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
Look, Angst, last year Scott was quoted as saying UT could keep their network, if that's what it took to get them. No UT deal was struck w/ the PAC back then.

Are you saying the new PAC network now means that UT could not go there and still keep the LHN?
If this is so, Tech's chances of going west alone are indeed slim to none...I agree.

I know Roddog makes it damn near irresistible, but gloating a TT's expense is still premature. If the BE teams don't stand firm to the ACC's offer (to replace a team lost to the SEC and expand to 14 themselves) we could be left with a reduced conference again ourselves.

The SEC pulling back on their expansion numbers is good news, no mistake, but we are not out of the woods yet. WE have made the financial investment needed for success as a program, we have made that one key coaching hire, we have won bowls and conference championships, we have built the needed facilities, we have broken season ticket and attendance records, we enjoy the highest admin support possible, we have graduated our players, we put more than our share of them in the NFL, we run a clean program, we received an AQ conference invitation, and we even have the best average final poll ratings for the last three years in the nation. All these achievements we have worked hard and long to achieve. And still, the timing, boldness, and leadership of conference officials whom we really don't know, holds the key to how secure our future will be.

I hate that nothing further remains for us to do, and that others hold our fate in their hands (just as they do BU's and Tech's ). Others determining our fate has not worked out so well in the past. We can do nothing more now than trust that this host of steady and long lasting improvements will be enough this time. If not, it seems the governing apparatus under which NCAA Div-1 football operates
is based on principles that are foreign to the ideals of the American character.

AggieAngst

It's every man for himself these days NUMBNUTS!

And how did that little thingie about Texas and Texas A&M work out about never being allowed to split ?

How bout Utah and BYU?

You are a very funny NUMBNUT RodPuppy !

I can't wait to get a ticket to the CONF USA CHAMPIONSHIP game in 2013 with MARSHALL COLLEGE vs TEXAS TECH for the title !!

I'm excited NUMBNUT !!

Blahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Dogfrog

thank you for not posting a bunch of dribble, yes ive seen the same thing, also say the sec presidents are not meeting tomorrow, think they are pulling back the reigns for a bit,

omg i give this whole ags to the sec a 50/50 at best, cant wait to see anm fall on its face, again

That would be "drivel".

Latest posts