• The KillerFrogs

Scout.com: Aune pledges to TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
902298.jpg

Scout.com: Aune pledges to TCU

By Josh Harvey Recruiting Analyst

Scout.com has learned that Argyle 2012 quarterback Austin Aune has pledged his services to TCU. The talented signal-caller will also play baseball.

Scout.com has learned that Argyle 2012 quarterback Austin Aune has pledged his services to TCU. The talented signal-caller will also play baseball.

"Yes, I committed there earlier tonight," said Aune in a text message to Scout.com. ...

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Looks like a big strong kid from the photo.

No way I would guess from the photo that he has another year of HS to go.
Yeah, looks older.

I knew when I saw the YouTube highlights for him there would be a handful of clips from last year's game at Mineral Wells, having been there to witness it myself.

Gunner

Two 6'3 QB's. My life is complete :tongue:

I thought we had hit the bigtime when I saw Matthews, and then I saw the clip. Best feet on a tall kid I've seen. Plus he's got an arm. Watch the YouTube film, and watch the escapes he makes. It is a big deal.

You talk about under valued events. These 2 QB's are big..

West Coast Johnny

Two 6'3 QB's. My life is complete :tongue:

I thought we had hit the bigtime when I saw Matthews, and then I saw the clip. Best feet on a tall kid I've seen. Plus he's got an arm. Watch the YouTube film, and watch the escapes he makes. It is a big deal.

You talk about under valued events. These 2 QB's are big..

Are you sure Tyler is only 6'3''? He's got at least 5 inches on GP?

227278.jpg

asleep003

Are you sure Tyler is only 6'3''? He's got at least 5 inches on GP?

227278.jpg

Never seen GP, except from a distance or on TV. But never guessed he was taller than 5'10.... So that 5" and 6'3" sounds just about right actually.

As far as having loaded up on class QBs and heavy in RBs... can we now turn our attention(w/only 16 spot for 2012) to solidifying the trenches where the game is really won(plus a few DBs/LBs/ and WRs). Sure the staff isn't getting too giddy, with all the skilled position celebreties wanting to come here... lets hope so anyway.

talor

Never seen GP, except from a distance or on TV. But never guessed he was taller than 5'10.... So that 5" and 6'3" sounds just about right actually.

As far as having loaded up on class QBs and heavy in RBs... can we now turn our attention to solidifying the trenches where the game is really won(then adding a couple of DBs and WRs). Sure the staff isn't getting too giddy, with all the skilled position celebreties wanting to come here... lets hope so anyway.

We are after the best OLs and DLs in the state, as well as the best RBs and WRs, hell best DBs too. Just be patient.

yurintroubl

Hopefully this signing will increase TCU's "2-Sport Friendly" status. It's a REALLY GOOD THING to have.

Over the years, I've seen a LOT of players (many from Texas) commit LSU over other major programs due to their reputation for supporting dual/multi-sport athletes.

asleep003

We are after the best OLs and DLs in the state, as well as the best RBs and WRs, hell best DBs too. Just be patient.

Agreed Talor ... we're all sure we are going after the best in many position... just concerned about(human nature) of getting too star* struck and overlooking some opportune 'Big and Nastys'.

talor

Agreed Talor ... we're all sure we are going after the best in many position... just concerned about(human nature) of getting too star* struck and overlooking some opportune 'Big and Nastys'.

Our staff works on a list, just like every other staff. You offer the cream of the crop first. If they don't jump at the chance, or go elsewhere, then you move down one by one. Of course certain guys like JGray and MBrown have their spots held indefinitely.

As for under the radar types, our staff identifies them better than just about anyone...Sam Schomp for instance.