• The KillerFrogs

Schlossnagle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose Stuff

I don’t actually know him, but I loved Schloss being our coach.

With that said, I’ve heard on numerous occasions that his players, former and current, absolutely despise the guy. And not the kind of hate players may have but eventually grow out of with Gary, where they ultimately end up appreciating and respecting Coach P for his tough love. It’s a deep seeded hatred and disrespect for the man.

Every coach has players who hate him and I’m certain Jim did as well. The guy had his flaws but he wasn’t “by all accounts a Brilesbag”.

Hemingway

do people on here actually think schloss was a class act or half decent human?

By all accounts he’s a d-bag

won’t miss him
Just talking to some of the players that were left from the Brown era, and Schlossnagle ran off, he sounded like a real calculating and hardass individual.

watchfrog

Just talking to some of the players that were left from the Brown era, and Schlossnagle ran off, he sounded like a real calculating and hardass individual.
That may be true, he was very focused. I remember when he was introduced, he said he said he thought about Omaha when he went to sleep and when he woke up. At least he delivered on his intro speech (x5), unlike most every coach I've seen introduced.

Frog92

Every coach has players who hate him and I’m certain Jim did as well. The guy had his flaws but he wasn’t “by all accounts a Brilesbag”.
Universal truth - the guys who in any particular coach’s opinion earns the playing time and resulting accolades loves the guy. Then there are a few who get it and are thankful for what they gained by being part of something bigger than them. The remainder have an axe to grind.

ticketfrog123

I don’t actually know him, but I loved Schloss being our coach.

With that said, I’ve heard on numerous occasions that his players, former and current, absolutely despise the guy. And not the kind of hate players may have but eventually grow out of with Gary, where they ultimately end up appreciating and respecting Coach P for his tough love. It’s a deep seeded hatred and disrespect for the man.

yup - I keep in touch with guys from the 2014 team (scholarship and non scholarship) and most have this view (lived with one of them)

crazy how most of the recent big names have only retweeted traver - focusing on the next coach - and no other public form of thanks to Schloss!

ticketfrog123

you’re out of the loop (again!) - schloss got in the crosshairs of administration / BoT - his whining about poor resources and openly interviewing elsewhere punched his own ticket for no further contract extensions given the other issues

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

you’re out of the loop (again!) - schloss got in the crosshairs of administration / BoT - his whining about poor resources and openly interviewing elsewhere punched his own ticket for no further contract extensions given the other issues

Thanks for breaking the news that there was no offer of a contract extension. I’d recently heard differently. Like very recently. As in measured in minutes.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
That may be true, he was very focused. I remember when he was introduced, he said he said he thought about Omaha when he went to sleep and when he woke up. At least he delivered on his intro speech (x5), unlike most every coach I've seen introduced.
I was at the Houston TCU Athletics Event when Pat Sullivan was introduced, and gave a fabulous speech...

About the only thing that came true out of that evening was the natural grass in ACS.

Pharm Frog

So Rice doesn’t go for LB because he doesn’t have the experience but does this? Nothing more from me on this topic because I’ve always liked the Cruz family so I hope he does well. Rice needs it.

HFrog1999

I was at the Houston TCU Athletics Event when Pat Sullivan was introduced, and gave a fabulous speech...

About the only thing that came true out of that evening was the natural grass in ACS.

umm...

N5KRWLTOD34CT55QQSV7ANE2IA.jpg

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
At the time of that speech, I think LT wasn't even a freshman in High School. Sully's first game was against New Mexico, a team that Wacker's Kids just annihilated the year before. He and his staff just blundered through that game, and the Frogs wound up losing badly.

The only real highlight of that year was beating the stinking Longhorns, and what a highlight it was...

Moose Stuff

None of that makes him “by all accounts a Brilesbag”.

Status
Not open for further replies.