• The KillerFrogs

SB Nation: TCU’s Road to Omaha will begin away from home

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

TCU’s Road to Omaha will begin away from home​

Anthony North

On Sunday night, NCAA Baseball announced the 16 Regional host sites and TCU’s Lupton Stadium was not selected. It’s an unprecedented move by the selection committee, as the Big 12 Regular Season Champion had been selected as a host site in every previous season in the current 64-team format.

AAXS4lI.img

There are certainly teams on this listing that one could debate should be ranked below TCU:
  • Frog fans will likely be most frustrated by the inclusion of Oklahoma State, a team the Frogs beat twice on the road in Stillwater, but for the Committee the Friday Big 12 Tournament contest became the decisive data point.

Read more at https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/tcu-s-road-to-omaha-will-begin-away-from-home/ar-AAXRz1u

Pharm Frog

WTH? Neither the Big 12 regular nor tournament champ hosts a regional but instead UT and OSU selected?
You seemed to be surprised by this development. The only surprising thing to me is that they chose to announce sites before the tournament finished. But that’s on the Big 12 for allowing ESPN or whatever to determine that the championship game would start at 5pm.

Pharm Frog

If the projections hold and they probably will not, there’s not a lot of regionals I’d prefer to be in than Blacksburg. Maybe the Auburn regional or Statesboro but would prefer to have nothing to do with Gainesville if FSU is sitting there as the #3 seed. All in all…if the D1 projection plays out it’s a lot better on paper than it could have been IMO.

EDIT: Louisville region appears okay as well.

NewFrogFan

You seemed to be surprised by this development. The only surprising thing to me is that they chose to announce sites before the tournament finished. But that’s on the Big 12 for allowing ESPN or whatever to determine that the championship game would start at 5pm.
PAC 12 was just starting when it was announced. RPI was an issue all year, maybe a little smarter schedule next year.

MadFrog

For whatever reasons, the NCAA does not think the Big 12 is worth much. Neither the regular season or the tournament champions received a host slot. So what matters? 24 regular season games or 4/5 tournament games? Apparently neither.

The NCAA has really screwed TCU. Suspended our coach for 2 games during the post season (while ignoring an incompetent umpire) and ignored a regular season championship in the # 3 RPI league.

In 2014 after the final ranking joke, our football team was able to show the world we really had a great team by slaughtering Old Miss. I just don't think our baseball team has the ability to do much about the current situation.

Pharm Frog

For whatever reasons, the NCAA does not think the Big 12 is worth much. Neither the regular season or the tournament champions received a host slot. So what matters? 24 regular season games or 4/5 tournament games? Apparently neither.

The NCAA has really screwed TCU. Suspended our coach for 2 games during the post season (while ignoring an incompetent umpire) and ignored a regular season championship in the # 3 RPI league.

In 2014 after the final ranking joke, our football team was able to show the world we really had a great team by slaughtering Old Miss. I just don't think our baseball team has the ability to do much about the current situation.
Baseball is different. Pretty much anything can happen if a team can get hot. This team has the talent to get hot. But you have to sustain over days rather than hours.

Last edited:

TCUdirtbag

Not sure I agree with the “TCU got screwed” line. Like it or not, everyone knew from the start that RPI is the primary metric and TCU’s is #36. The Big 12 was very jumbled at the top; that created a tough race.

Shouldn’t have lost a series to WVU or a home game to ACU. And should’ve won one more regular season game vs OU or UT to take one of those series. And another game in the Tournament.

Frogs are having a good year. Let’s see if they can get hot this weekend. If not, still a solid first year for a new head coach.

Pharm Frog

Not sure I agree with the “TCU got screwed” line. Like it or not, everyone knew from the start that RPI is the primary metric and TCU’s is #36. The Big 12 was very jumbled at the top; that created a tough race.

Shouldn’t have lost a series to WVU or a home game to ACU. And should’ve won one more regular season game vs OU or UT to take one of those series. And another game in the Tournament.

Frogs are having a good year. Let’s see if they can get hot this weekend. If not, still a solid first year for a new head coach.
100% agree. Partially agree with the last sentence. On second thought I suppose I do agree with the description of “solid”. I do wish KS would have addressed some of the deficiencies that were pretty obvious from last season. Instead we are very close to being the same team… “solid”.

Froggy Style

Not deep enough to beat the midweek games. No national seed.

That’s okay, but we can’t play from the losers bracket or it will be a short tourney.

NORMLFROG

Man what a difference 20 years makes. I can remember being thrilled to make a regional at all. Even if it was the Wayne Graham invitational. Still remember the Austin Adam’s mud slide like it was yesterday.

I’m just really proud of the Frogs this year. It hasn’t been pretty but they are in the post season again.

NF

leofrog

I don’t think the ACU loss was that huge, seeing that was our only loss in 24 games against RPI 101+ teams. The 8-15 record against top 50 teams really did us in.