• The KillerFrogs

Saturday Uniform Combination

JugbandFrog

I like the almost all black on black. It is a combo I use in NCAA 11 when I play at home. I wonder if the purple helmet will ever be used again.

gdu

I like the almost all black on black. It is a combo I use in NCAA 11 when I play at home. I wonder if the purple helmet will ever be used again.
We already had a couple of threads on this topic, but I am not one to shy away from uniform talk. I think the black/black looked great. Most of the time, it looks awful, but we had enough purple. That comobo looks MUCH better IMO with the purple helmets. It is weird to have that graphite helmet with nothing else that color on the uniform.

I think the Baylor look was our best for th year, followed by our home uni, the oregon state combo, the road uni, af uni, byu uni.

I don't have high hopes for our utah one if indeed we are getting a new one. And I have long been a proponent of purple/purple/white, but I don't think it is going to look good at all with our new home unis because our tops have alot of black and our pants have no purple or black.

And I'm not sure why you think the purple helmets wouldn't be used again. As far as I know, they are still our standard helmets.

Black on Black, throw in some grey, maybe some red and drop the purple and white. Now that would be a sweet look! Damn it's stupid wearing uniforms where the school colors are hardly present.

gdu

from uniwatchblog:

5. Syracuse/West Virginia — Yesterday’s color palette special.

4. Duke/Va. Tech — Shoulder-stripe-apalooza!

3. Wisconsin/Iowa — All-whites look much better on an overcast day, eh?

2. Iowa State/Texas — A good showing for the Corn Belt this week.

1. LSU/Auburn — Picking this game was as easy as saying, “The Tigers are going to win” yesterday morning.

And my worst pick: Air Force/TCU — Lots of bad ones this week, but the Frogs’ BFBS look made for too much contrast.

http://www.uniwatchblog.com/

"BFBS" means black for black's sake

gdu

Black on black is pretty nice, but shouldn't be worn all that often. I liked the combo at the BYU game best.
I really didn't like that one at all. Mostly bc of the white shoes, but I just think that helmet (espcially the back) and pants are too light.

BWDFROG

Scrap the black! Go back to our school colors!

Does UT, Alabama, Penn St, ND, USC, etc. change their colors.

Why is it that people want to change our identity?

When I turn the TV on, and one of the previously mentioned teams are playing, I know immediately by their uniforms.

With TCU, changing uniforms every week, we loose identity.

Scrap the black! Go back to our school colors!

Does UT, Alabama, Penn St, ND, USC, etc. change their colors.

Why is it that people want to change our identity?

When I turn the TV on, and one of the previously mentioned teams are playing, I know immediately by their uniforms.

With TCU, changing uniforms every week, we loose identity.

Amen Brother!! Stop pimp'n out the uniforms.

Purple4Life

I really didn't like that one at all. Mostly bc of the white shoes, but I just think that helmet (espcially the back) and pants are too light.

What I did find odd about the pairing was that we chose light helmets while playing BYU, who wore white helmets.