• The KillerFrogs

"Same...old...Baylor"

OmniscienceFrog

How embarrassing was that last TD by Illinois? I actually laughed out loud when I saw that guy running all by himself. I thought it was some kind of joke, or the whistle had blown or something. Baylor is a VERY bad football team. Nothing really else to say.

Based on time out at the :02 mark and the look of the post game conversation between the coaches I don't think Artie Boy thought it was all that funny himself. :biggrin:

OmniscienceFrog

Nobody would suggest that Baylor vs. Illinois has any impact on the Rose Bowl, but your opponents (Air Force, Utah, and Baylor) scoring a grand total of 31 points in three bowl games thus far lends credence to the notion that your defense was not really tested during the regular season. If I were a betting man (I am not) I'd consider this fact if considering a wager on the Rose Bowl.

Likewise, I would suggest that the fact that Wisconsin scored 83, 48 and 70 against worn down defenses the last three weeks of their season, but only scored 27 against San Jose St. and 20 against Arizona St, fresher teams played earlier in the season, and teams that didn't even make it to bowl games, would lend credence to the fact that their offense may not be as potent as many believe them to be.

You can make up all kinds of things if you try hard enough.

weklfrog

Likewise, I would suggest that the fact that Wisconsin scored 83, 48 and 70 against worn down defenses the last three weeks of their season, but only scored 27 against San Jose St. and 20 against Arizona St, fresher teams played earlier in the season, and teams that didn't even make it to bowl games, would lend credence to the fact that their offense may not be as potent as many believe them to be.

You can make up all kinds of things if you try hard enough.
Five of our opponents this year have played in bowl games to date, going 3-2 and scoring a total of 118 points (23.6 per game average). Those 5 teams scored a total of 62 points against us in the regular season (averaging 12.4 ppg), and over half of that amount was by SDSU. Other than SDSU, our 4 bowl opponents have scored a total of 83 points in their bowls. compared to a total of 27 points against the Frogs in the regular season.

Deep Purple

It's a fluke.

I'll say this, though. The Baylor players have each choreographed neat little dances and chest thumps and head waggles for every tackle and 3-yard gain!

That amazed me as well. I was pulling for Baylor in this game, but it became much more difficult as I witnessed the Bears doing all their overblown little chest-thumping dances and displays after any decent play. They even did it after a good tackle made 14 yards downfield. What is there to celebrate about that? Especially when you're several scores down on the scoreboard? It''s one good play out of scores in the game. What does it matter if you clobber a guy after he's gained 14 yards? Does the gain not count? And what does it matter if you stuff the RB for no gain on a single play when he's averaging of 11 yards per carry on 3 out of 4 plays? What's to celebrate? I just don't get it.

The Bears appear to be way ahead of themselves. They're talking the talk before they've learned to walk the walk.

Deep Purple

TCU 45 - Balyor 10

Through most of the 4th, we had put in every reserve player short of the water boy -- and in the last few minutes we were kneeling on the ball to avoid scoring. Baylor coach Art Briles told the sports press TCU could have easily scored 70 or more if we'd wanted, but we called off the dogs and showed them mercy in the name of sportsmanship. That's typical Gary Patterson.