• The KillerFrogs

Sam Jackson is in the transfer portal

I had this same thought...but maybe naïve optimism? The impact you can have would be much larger at a TCU than at a UGA. UGA you are just one of the crowd although you play for SEC/CFP every year so that is very attractive.
I don't think it's naïve optimism. Yes SEC/CFP every year is attractive. However, if you're a 4-5 star 3rd stringer with NFL ambitions a CFP ring isn't going to get you a job, impactful playing time will. (In theory)

CardFrog

I would be shocked if this caught Sonny and the coach's off guard, would guess they have a plan and he was going to be part of it. I wish him nothing but the best. Now as for the dude that committed to Baylor....

HornyWartyToad

I would be shocked if this caught Sonny and the coach's off guard, would guess they have a plan and he was going to be part of it. I wish him nothing but the best. Now as for the dude that committed to Baylor....
If it didn't it wasn't because they heard it from him. He hadn't spoken to his coaches about it as of our conversation last week. That's the biggest reason why I kept my mouth shut about it.

Shorty

Was expecting this. Met him and his little sister out at lunch last week, and he told me he was "considering." Expecting him to wind up at Cal, based on our conversation. Best wishes to him, seemed like a really good kid, and his sis, too.
FWIW, IDK what he is listed, but was really really not tall in person.
Story checks out

Was expecting this. Met him and his little sister out at lunch last week, and he told me he was "considering." Expecting him to wind up at Cal, based on our conversation. Best wishes to him, seemed like a really good kid, and his sis, too.
FWIW, IDK what he is listed, but was really really not tall in person.
Sam Jackson moved to the transfer portal yesterday and today is a California Bear. And before he entered the portal he was leaning California via your conversation with him. Sure appears there was some communication with Cal before entering the portal and isn’t that tampering?

I thought players had to be in the transfer portal before schools could communicate with them.

Last edited:

HornyWartyToad

Sam Jackson moved to the transfer portal yesterday and today is a California Bear. And before he entered the portal he was leaning California via your conversation with him. Sure appears there was some communication with Cal before entering the portal and isn’t that tampering?

I thought players had to be in the transfer portal before schools could communicate with them.
No idea how all that works, but I did tell him about California Girls. ;)