• The KillerFrogs

Running the Ball Question

CryptoMiner

Sewo is good, but he should not be running a stretch along the line of scrimmage, He may be fast but he is not as quick as DA. Sewo needs to be b/t the tackles and then let that speed take over. IMO.

When Sewo is in and the D is in a run first mode often they will clog the middle more than with Jet. Coaches have no problem with him taking it wide in those situations.

CryptoMiner

That would mean that DA runs around a 42 become he is noticeably faster

Jet’s top speed is faster but he is also quicker to the line and has burst that Sewo doesn’t.

Sewo doesn’t lumber but he just doesn’t have that quickness and few do. Sewo sees the field well and can drop his shoulder better to take on would-be tackles. His speed allows him more opportunities than most big backs as he can elude most DEs and LBs.

Dr. Coach Haus

When Sewo is in and the D is in a run first mode often they will clog the middle more than with Jet. Coaches have no problem with him taking it wide in those situations.
Unfortunately, he is not making progress up the field as he can beat people around the end. If we intend to put Sewo in and they are looking run first, then but in 4 wide and RPO.

Wexahu

Jet’s top speed is faster but he is also quicker to the line and has burst that Sewo doesn’t.

Sewo doesn’t lumber but he just doesn’t have that quickness and few do. Sewo sees the field well and can drop his shoulder better to take on would-be tackles. His speed allows him more opportunities than most big backs as he can elude most DEs and LBs.

He needs to just get upfield and run north-south. He tries to bounce things outside way too much, way more than DA does. And I'd argue that he does kind of lumber. He's fit the profile of an I-formation downhill running power back but he doesn't run like that, whenever he sees some traffic in front of him he tries to get outside and most of the time he just can't get there.

CryptoMiner

He needs to just get upfield and run north-south. He tries to bounce things outside way too much, way more than DA does. And I'd argue that he does kind of lumber. He's fit the profile of an I-formation downhill running power back but he doesn't run like that, whenever he sees some traffic in front of him he tries to get outside and most of the time he just can't get there.

In 39 attempts he has lost 8 yards and gained 210. He is not getting caught behind the line that much and 5 of the 8 yards were on runs up the middle.