• The KillerFrogs

Running the Ball Question

Frozen Frog

It seems like we do a great job running the ball, and that has me thinking this team could do something special still.

My question really revolves around Sewo. I've always thought of him as a big back, but he seems to run it more outside of the tackles. This often seems like the case when he runs from a direct snap. Is that designed? Does he prefer sweeps to running it up the gut? Is there something with the blocking scheme or reads that I am missing? I would think he would be great running it up the middle. I know I have said it before, but I would love to see in short yardage our QB go under center and with Sewo either run a FB blocking package or as a single back where he can hit a designed hole at full speed.

VA Froggie

It seems like we do a great job running the ball, and that has me thinking this team could do something special still.

My question really revolves around Sewo. I've always thought of him as a big back, but he seems to run it more outside of the tackles. This often seems like the case when he runs from a direct snap. Is that designed? Does he prefer sweeps to running it up the gut? Is there something with the blocking scheme or reads that I am missing? I would think he would be great running it up the middle. I know I have said it before, but I would love to see in short yardage our QB go under center and with Sewo either run a FB blocking package or as a single back where he can hit a designed hole at full speed.
As big as Sewo is he runs a 4-4 40, so outside isn’t bad. I do understand running up the middle but speed allows you to do about anything.

Frozen Frog

It may also be a height issue where Sewo's height makes him vulnerable on up the middle runs. I am just curious as to why he doesn't run between the tackles more.

Strat Frog

Let’s give some credit to Delton, fellas. He looked more at ease today than he has previously. Sure, the opponent and score had something to do with that, but perhaps it was that the offense is starting to ‘click’ with him now. Maybe it just takes some time to adjust, especially coming from a rudimentary K-State offense. Hats off to him for today’s performance, especially that deep throw, which was cool.

Froggish

Let’s give some credit to Delton, fellas. He looked more at ease today than he has previously. Sure, the opponent and score had something to do with that, but perhaps it was that the offense is starting to ‘click’ with him now. Maybe it just takes some time to adjust, especially coming from a rudimentary K-State offense. Hats off to him for today’s performance, especially that deep throw, which was cool.

He played well but when your hit the field with a 4 score lead against a defense that had quit, there’s not a lot of pressure

Dr. Coach Haus

Sewo is good, but he should not be running a stretch along the line of scrimmage, He may be fast but he is not as quick as DA. Sewo needs to be b/t the tackles and then let that speed take over. IMO.

Eight

one thing we saw on saturday is that it would appear the frogs will have the talent to run the ball at the running back position even after darius and sewo complete their time in ft worth

He played well but when your hit the field with a 4 score lead against a defense that had quit, there’s not a lot of pressure
I have to dispute that KU’s defense quit. Maybe at the very end of the game they really let down but by that time I think they had been on the field forty minutes. I rewatched the game today and I thought the Jayhawks defense continued to play hard. There were some big hits too. We’re lucky on the injury front...I think. I suppose we’ll know more later in the week. Of course we’ll know nothing about injuries if GP has his way

4th. down

I have to dispute that KU’s defense quit. Maybe at the very end of the game they really let down but by that time I think they had been on the field forty minutes. I rewatched the game today and I thought the Jayhawks defense continued to play hard. There were some big hits too. We’re lucky on the injury front...I think. I suppose we’ll know more later in the week. Of course we’ll know nothing about injuries if GP has his way

Les Miles is in the early stages of showing his face, his great defenses while at LSU. Sure, our offense man handled them, but I'm not referring to that. Kansas hit hard, repeatedly, even in the 4th. quarter they didn't quit hitting hard. They were really punishing Anderson (as he was them) but they were really banging him. Hopefully no injuries.