• The KillerFrogs

Rod's Corrected BCS Bowl Projections

I would much rather have a matchup with Ohio State than Wisconsin given even if means going back to Fiesta. I absolutely despise Gordon Gee and would to see Ohio State lose to TCU .

gdu

No link ... Did you watch the BCS Countdown Show?
Yes, he didn't make those projections in any way shpae or form. You amde them up and attributed them to him. The only coach is is talking to is the one at his alma mater (Stanford) who, of course, wants to be in the Rose Bowl. ESPN knows there would be [Deleted]storm for envoking the " for the good of the game" and they sure as heck aren't going to use it to get Standford into a BCS game over a team that will travel better then them.

It's one thing to be worried yourself, but you should be a better man than to come here and try to stir stuff up.

ifrog

This was the carryover to ESPN 3. What he was doing was saying TCU doesnt belong but Boise did ao he disagree with Gee and would like to see this matchup just for fun

bscttyb

Yes, he didn't make those projections in any way shpae or form. You amde them up and attributed them to him. The only coach is is talking to is the one at his alma mater (Stanford) who, of course, wants to be in the Rose Bowl. ESPN knows there would be [Deleted]storm for envoking the " for the good of the game" and they sure as heck aren't going to use it to get Standford into a BCS game over a team that will travel better then them.

It's one thing to be worried yourself, but you should be a better man than to come here and try to stir stuff up.

Sorry GDU, Gilmore did have this as his revised BCS list on the BCS show. Hopefully you DVR'd it. It was a segment where they wanted to say throw out the rules of the BCS and come up with your best BCS games.

gdu

This was the carryover to ESPN 3. What he was doing was saying TCU doesnt belong but Boise did ao he disagree with Gee and would like to see this matchup just for fun
So did he actually give these projections? I watched the whole thing on ESPN, but didn't switch over bc I hate the ESPNU stuff. If so, my apologies to Purple Daze.

P

PurpleDaze

Dude ... Really?!?

Go back and watch the BCS Countdown. These were Rod Gilmore's Corrected BCS Projections. I don't have to make stuff up.

gdu

Sorry GDU, Gilmore did have this as his revised BCS list on the BCS show. Hopefully you DVR'd it. It was a segment where they wanted to say throw out the rules of the BCS and come up with your best BCS games.
See below. I only watch the ESPN part. It's bad enough I quit watching the ESPNU stuff. Was he saying this is what he wanted or what he thought would happen.

gdu

Dude ... Really?!?

Go back and watch the BCS Countdown. These were Rod Gilmore's Corrected BCS Projections. I don't have to make stuff up.
I watched the whole 45 min thing before they switched channels. I am assuming this was on ESPNU or espn3 or something? Again, my apologies, if that was the case.

njustus7

He's saying that because Fowler schooled him, he knew he would disagree with Gee's "little sister" comment, and Gilmore's scrambling to reconstruct his original argument since by agreeing with Fowler he's basically been exposed as the bias BSU fan boy that he is...

Waccy Frog

He gave these pairings on the second-half of the BCS show on ESPNU, which immediately followed the ESPN show. I wouldn't call them projections, though. He said these would be the better match ups if everything was wide open and you could create the matchups without any interferences(such as the Rose Bowl non-AQ rule, or the Big 12 tie to the Fiesta Bowl). He definitely implied that the BCS powers could make all this happen, but he did not necessarily predict that they would.

Bottom line: Rod is an idiot. Don't change your plane reservations.

Phroggie

So did he actually give these projections? I watched the whole thing on ESPN, but didn't switch over bc I hate the ESPNU stuff. If so, my apologies to Purple Daze.

This was his revised bowl set-up on the replay at 10:30 or so. He also made no bones about his feelings about the unworthiness of TCU and that coaches he had talked to were rethinking their vote on TCU. The prevelent theme was that TCU should be passed by a 1-loss team if Auburn lost, possibly with Auburn being left in the champonship. If not, then either Wisconson or Stanford should definitely pass TCU.

njustus7

The prevelent theme was that TCU should be passed by a 1-loss team if Auburn lost, possibly with Auburn being left in the champonship. If not, then either Wisconson or Stanford should definitely pass TCU.
This is idiotic, no team should play for in the NCG if they don't even win their conference, nor do I see this happening. The only way Wisconsin is playing in the national championship with their SOS and a loss is if they play us.

YCBJ Frog

This was his revised bowl set-up on the replay at 10:30 or so. He also made no bones about his feelings about the unworthiness of TCU and that coaches he had talked to were rethinking their vote on TCU. The prevelent theme was that TCU should be passed by a 1-loss team if Auburn lost, possibly with Auburn being left in the champonship. If not, then either Wisconson or Stanford should definitely pass TCU.

Somebody said this earlier, and I don't know who it was, but I agreed with them when they said that Auburn losing will give the voters the opportunity to punish them for the sCam Newton saga. I would've been more worried if LSU was sitting on our heels and if they had beaten Arkansas soundly--they were a one-loss team that could jump us because they lost to a top 2 team at their place. On the other hand, Auburn would have lost on a neutral field to a 3-loss South Carolina team that lost to Kentucky, in addition to the fact that most of the country suspects that they are playing with an ineligible player. The voters can't punish them that obviously purely based on suspicion, but if they drop the conference championship to SC, the voters will have their excuse to keep them out.

BABYFACE

Since ESPN is writing the checks, the one in which they say.

Bull. ESPN paid for the broadcast rights and have them for 4 years. ESPN cannot with hold the money or cancel the contract with any of the BCS bowls. They can make their wishes known but the BCS bowls know that each time the TV broadcast rights contract is up there have been multiple bidders. Because of this ESPN cannot blackmail. The party that can excert their influence is the bowl sponsors.

ESPN is reaching and grasping at straws. The cartel will not publicly expose itself this foolishly and use rule 5 D. Since it was let known that TCU would be no worst than the Rose Bowl across the media on Saturday, if they reneged, the BCS will either implode or be brought down and ESPN will be holding 3 more years of broadcast rights for the BCS which will no longer exist. IMO, Enacting Rule 5 D would be suicide.

Mike Brooks

This was Rod and nothing else. Never invoked before and not happening now. Why? The Rose has to take a non aq in the next four years. They have the #3 undefeated Frogs with a national controversy surrounding them thanks to Gee and our potential to bust the MNC. Why would they risk a non aq in the next three years that could be ranked much lower and much less media pop. Stanford's inability to draw kills this idea. USC or UCLA? Maybe. The Rose loves tradition but they love coin more. The ratings buzz will be huge. People will tune in to see the little sisters take on Gee's mighty Conference mates. I dont think UW has the National following to have people rushing to their televisions like tOSU. We complete the story line. Stanford not so much.

I just dont see The Rose bringing this up this year and they would have to be the instigators and then the other Conferences would have to fall in line. We are a bigger National draw than Stanford. Certainly this year.

We are Rose or MNC despite Gilmore's angst.

BABYFACE

This is idiotic, no team should play for in the NCG if they don't even win their conference, nor do I see this happening. The only way Wisconsin is playing in the national championship with their SOS and a loss is if they play us.

Isn't there the Nebraska rule because of this?

P

PurpleDaze

Bull. ESPN paid for the broadcast rights and have them for 4 years. ESPN cannot with hold the money or cancel the contract with any of the BCS bowls. They can make their wishes known but the BCS bowls know that each time the TV broadcast rights contract is up there have been multiple bidders. Because of this ESPN cannot blackmail. The party that can excert their influence is the bowl sponsors.

ESPN is reaching and grasping at straws. The cartel will not publicly expose itself this foolishly and use rule 5 D. Since it was let known that TCU would be no worst than the Rose Bowl across the media on Saturday, if they reneged, the BCS will either implode or be brought down and ESPN will be holding 3 more years of broadcast rights for the BCS which will no longer exist. IMO, Enacting Rule 5 D would be suicide.
You bring up some valid points, but do you ever scratch your head and ask: Why does Rule 5-D even exist in the first place? I'm not saying Rule 5-D will be implemented, but I am concerned. If implemented, it would be more about getting Stanford placed into a bowl that made financial sense; not about showing TCU up. I'm not even sure that TCU would get caught in the cross-fire. The rule could simply be invoked to move Stanford to the Fiesta and the BE Champ to the Orange.

Also, I think you overestimate the national sentiment concerning the Frogs. Last week's Gee comments should clue you in. If you think Gee stands alone, then visit any AQ team's message board. I seriously doubt that moving TCU to another bowl will destroy the BCS. Most people would simply think that TCU ought to be just be happy they got a ticket to the dance. How will it come off if TCU complains? ... Nationally, we would be seen as arrogant, self-entitled and unthankful.