• The KillerFrogs

Rock Bottom...TCU Baseball...

Pharm Frog

Please cite who these other high cost private schools are that never miss the post season. I’ll happily address each one individually. And don’t say Vanderbilt. Their endowment is so huge that they can give pretty much every guy on their team close to a full ride because they have the ability to do that for every student.

I had a rolling tally of the private schools with such a recruiting advantage (as claimed by a MSU guest). The number was quite small.

Moose Stuff

I had a rolling tally of the private schools with such a recruiting advantage (as claimed by a MSU guest). The number was quite small.

Vandy is the gold standard in that area. Rice is doing something similar now but not quite to the same degree as Vandy. I assume Stanford is able to do some things we can’t. Beyond that I’m unaware of anywhere that does it much differently than we do.

Eight

Bull might have paid extra for something like that.

tenor.gif

Pharm Frog

Vandy is the gold standard in that area. Rice is doing something similar now but not quite to the same degree as Vandy. I assume Stanford is able to do some things we can’t. Beyond that I’m unaware of anywhere that does it much differently than we do.

Sorry...typed while clinging to the oh [ Finebaum ] grip in an LA cab . My tally was of routinely successful private schools because it was said that private schools have recruiting advantages. The list was small and I refused to include USC but relented on Miami. Stanford, Rice, and Vandy are your scholly funding schools although Vandy is in a league all their own.

Salfrog

Tier 1
Anyone? Salfrog?

Mmmmyeah. That's what I thought.

Really? I will believe my good friend of nearly 30 years in the athletic department. He has been wrong 1 time during that time, and even that one time is very debatable.

If for some reason he was wrong, then I say he still has a very strong track record of being right.

Deep Purple

Really? I will believe my good friend of nearly 30 years in the athletic department. He has been wrong 1 time during that time, and even that one time is very debatable.

If for some reason he was wrong, then I say he still has a very strong track record of being right.
I didn’t claim any knowledge of Schloss’ decision either way. I do know a lot of people on this board treat their personal opinion as objective fact. So do some people in the Athletic department.

netty2424

I didn’t claim any knowledge of Schloss’ decision either way. I do know a lot of people on this board treat their personal opinion as objective fact. So do some people in the Athletic department.
Do you think Schloss went through that only to get a pay raise here?

Deep Purple

Do you think Schloss went through that only to get a pay raise here?
I think Schloss did the same thing Patterson has done several times while at TCU. Somebody else made a pitch, he gave it a listen, then made a decision to stay.

It's not always a case of either a hiring decision gone awry or a ploy to get a pay raise. There are other options.

netty2424

I think Schloss did the same thing Patterson has done several times while at TCU. Somebody else made a pitch, he gave it a listen, then made a decision to stay.

It's not always a case of either a hiring decision gone awry or a ploy to get a pay raise. There are other options.
True. I don’t know, just curious. I guess the way I look at it is, if it’s not a tactic to get a pay raise, then he very much considered leaving to the point that if they would’ve put a package together attractive enough, he would’ve walked.

To me, one foot out the door is the same as gone.

Not saying there’s anything wrong with exploring other opportunities either. You’re either all in or you’re not.

flyfishingfrog

Wasn’t aware GMFP ever had his kids visiting schools in another town to see if it was good fit

Put your head in the sand all you want - he isn’t still here by his choice and it is starting to show in our programs performance

MinFrog

Wasn’t aware GMFP ever had his kids visiting schools in another town to see if it was good fit

Put your head in the sand all you want - he isn’t still here by his choice and it is starting to show in our programs performance
So we have two coaches that that tried like hell to leave and then weren’t able to? Should be a good next few years in baseball and basketball.