• The KillerFrogs

Rock Bottom...TCU Baseball...

TX_Krötenechse

I haven’t watched much of our team this season, but I was at Sunday’s game. If I’m honest, from where I was sitting it seemed like the team walked onto the field defeated. Didn’t see the effort and hustle I was used to seeing from our squads.

Also got yelled at by some old lady with a “can I speak to your manager” haircut about having too many friends in GA and talking too much so that was fun

Purp

Sounds like we are being set up again to have most of our recruits sign with MLB and never make it to TCU. Maybe we should just watch who Baylor offers and offer them too. There are huge differences between our kids and the quality of kid Baylor has right now. Both position players and pitchers, Baylor has us beat by a large margin. Maybe at coach too.
Vandy and LSU are screwed too. At least Oklahoma is also screwed with us.

Paint It Purple

Sounds like we are being set up again to have most of our recruits sign with MLB and never make it to TCU. Maybe we should just watch who Baylor offers and offer them too. There are huge differences between our kids and the quality of kid Baylor has right now. Both position players and pitchers, Baylor has us beat by a large margin. Maybe at coach too.
Did you feel this way when CJS beat Pepperdine a couple of regional finals back?

Paint It Purple

Did you watch that series - given the kids he had, they made a hell of a run and made the most of the one superstar he had
Yep. Was there for every inning. You are vastly short changing a Pepperdine team that was something like 45-12. Rodriguez is a hell of a coach and anybody that didn’t predict he would win at Baylor doesn’t pay attention. Nevertheless, a CJS assembled and coached team won that series. For you or whoever that other guy was to suggest TCU would be better off with Rodriguez over CJS is foolish. CJS: 5 CWS; Rodríguez: 0 CWS

Pharm Frog

Yep. Was there for every inning. You are vastly short changing a Pepperdine team that was something like 45-12. Rodriguez is a hell of a coach and anybody that didn’t predict he would win at Baylor doesn’t pay attention. Nevertheless, a CJS assembled and coached team won that series. For you or whoever that other guy was to suggest TCU would be better off with Rodriguez over CJS is foolish. CJS: 5 CWS; Rodríguez: 0 CWS

Or...you could look at it this way -- since Rodriguez arrived at Baylor he's 10-4 against CJS. Now I agree that we should probably wait and see if Baylor is able to do anything meaningful at all in post-season play but I'm not as sure as you that the coaching comparison is favorable to the Frogs and it doesn't appear to be going in the right direction.

Paint It Purple

Or...you could look at it this way -- since Rodriguez arrived at Baylor he's 10-4 against CJS. Now I agree that we should probably wait and see if Baylor is able to do anything meaningful at all in post-season play but I'm not as sure as you that the coaching comparison is favorable to the Frogs and it doesn't appear to be going in the right direction.
This is a stupid argument that began when someone suggested we might be better off with Baylor’s baseball coach. You want to trade 5 CWS ‘s for Steve Rodriguez; go ahead.

flyfishingfrog

So? Is that why we pay Jim - for his past ? I could give a crap about what Rodriguez achieved vs Jim when Rod was at a Mid level D1 baseball school
Since he got to a p5 he has kicked out butt and isn’t making excuses about the cost of tuition or losing kids to the draft

What he is doing is embarrassing our CWS coach annually

Purp

Is this still going on? This thread is worse than a poorly fielded bunt.
I had to put flyfisher on ignore. He wears me out with his "nothing is ever good enough" rants. Someone always has to face the guillotine or Donati isn't serious. Now I keep clicking the thread and see people talking to themselves.

Paint It Purple

I had to put flyfisher on ignore. He wears me out with his "nothing is ever good enough" rants. Someone always has to face the guillotine or Donati isn't serious. Now I keep clicking the thread and see people talking to themselves.
I should have thought of that. I might as well do the same for the self-appointed General Manager.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Road trip.

Out to beautiful Abilene, on a long bus ride to cure a lot of ills. Perhaps there can be some discussion, some accounting, some bearing of blame. If ever there was a time for Senior leadership, it is now.