• The KillerFrogs

Rewatching the game has made one thing clear

Moose Stuff

he is a big, physical guy who is quick enough to pose some match-up problems similar to what they have done with pro wells.

wells in the slot down by the goal line running the corner route has been a nice play a couple of times.

seems like we have been stuck in this limbo of waiting for individual players to develop and an offensive identity to emerge. maybe we start to see that second half of the year.

not a stretch to see a solid passing game being formed from players such as duggan, barber, stephens, hunt, and wells. possibly get thomas back next year, possible for reagor and then you have unknowns such as barkely and danny gray.

i just want to see continued growth and some sense of an offensive identity take shape

I’m pretty excited about getting Foster and Barlow into that mix. Think Conwright will be good as well. I have optimism.

Eight

I’m pretty excited about getting Foster and Barlow into that mix. Think Conwright will be good as well. I have optimism.

agreed, there is talent at a number of positions and the two young backs have the potential to be very good for the frogs.

not asking for instant cocoa, instant offense, or any other form of instant gratification.

just hope to see an effective offense begin to take shape

PO Frog

I’ve watched the condensed replay like 4 times on LHN. 2 things stand out..... 1) Herman declining the holding call on our last TD drive makes no sense to me. Would have been like 2nd and 20 from our 10 yard line. Instead Max converts 3rd and 11 on the next play (one of his best throws of the year BTW). 2) Starting with the last drive of the first half Max was SO GOOD. Gonna be nice going into the off season not worried about our QB for a change. Kid has All Big 12/All American potential IMO and the NFL doesn’t seem beyond his reach either.
I think they were screwed by the ref (or at least confused) because he said it was going to be enforced at "half the distance to the goal line" but that should not have been the case based on where the foul occurred. I thought, and assume Herman did too, was that it wasn't worth a few yards or the extra down or the time if it were going to be enforced at less than 10 yards. If you listen closely, after the ref says that, they change their mind and decline the penalty. However, I think it was because the ref erroneously said it would be half the distance, which was incorrect. 2nd and 21 is a no-brainer call, but 2nd and 17 or so is less clear, especially when you're pressing for time and he probably thought GP was going to sit on the ball anyways. Why waste another 40 seconds? Good break for us.

Eight

Who fills in for Niang? Or does the line shift and insert somewhere else.

Its the one position group I don’t follow at all.

they already have been sliding players around as lucas has not been playing all the snaps at left tackle for a few games.

i think it is slide mckinney from right tackle to left tackle, bolisomi from right guard to right tackle, cordel stays at left guard, coy at center, and then austin myers steps in at right guard.

question then becomes who becomes the swing tackle (quazzel white? coker? myers?) and do we see more of wes harris?

jake102

they already have been sliding players around as lucas has not been playing all the snaps at left tackle for a few games.

i think it is slide mckinney from right tackle to left tackle, bolisomi from right guard to right tackle, cordel stays at left guard, coy at center, and then austin myers steps in at right guard.

question then becomes who becomes the swing tackle (quazzel white? coker? myers?) and do we see more of wes harris?

Yeah - McKinney is already LT, so he stays there. But you are right that Bolisomi will slide to RT and Myers steps in at RG. Pretty sure White is first guy up at OL after that. Then Avila.

Next year OL probably looks like:

LT - White
LG - Harris
C - McMillon
RG - Myers
RT - Coker

Lanz/Burnett could also push for a OG spot ahead of Harris. Only big question I see is RT if Coker is ready. But Myers is really probably an OT and has experience there, so he could potentially play RT and Lanz/Burnett fills in at RG.

Moose Stuff

Yeah - McKinney is already LT, so he stays there. But you are right that Bolisomi will slide to RT and Myers steps in at RG. Pretty sure White is first guy up at OL after that. Then Avila.

LT - White
LG - Harris
C - McMillon
RG - Myers
RT - Coker

Lanz/Burnett could also push for a OG spot ahead of Harris. Only big question I see is RT if Coker is ready. But Myers is really probably an OT and has experience there, so he could potentially play RT and Lanz/Burnett fills in at RG.

We’ve got a JUCO kid coming in too.

Eight

LT - White
LG - Harris
C - McMillon
RG - Myers
RT - Coker

as moose pointed out, coleman is supposed to be in this spring to try to compete for a spot at tackle as well.

i wouldn't be surprised if the frogs went after a grad transfer in the line. they have some good young talent, but that extra couple of years of strength training and maturity matter in the lines.

think coy is going to be able to do some things at center in the run game that tcu hasn't been able to do in the past.

Eight

Young safeties had a good game too. We’re quietly playing a bunch of young guys on defense and getting solid production.

trevon is second in solo tackles and tied with ar'darius for the team lead with 3 interceptions.

he still needs to get stronger and duverney got behind him for the long touchdown, but overall he has started to show the range and ability to excel

TX_Krötenechse

as moose pointed out, coleman is supposed to be in this spring to try to compete for a spot at tackle as well.

i wouldn't be surprised if the frogs went after a grad transfer in the line. they have some good young talent, but that extra couple of years of strength training and maturity matter in the lines.

think coy is going to be able to do some things at center in the run game that tcu hasn't been able to do in the past.
Agreed, I think we target a grad transfer OT to compete with Coker and/or White (White probably has one of the spots locked up though) as well as another grad transfer DE and maybe DT to bridge the gap between Blacklock and the younger DTs.

jake102

trevon is second in solo tackles and tied with ar'darius for the team lead with 3 interceptions.

he still needs to get stronger and duverney got behind him for the long touchdown, but overall he has started to show the range and ability to excel

Yeh TMW just needs to limit the one huge mistake a game.

Moose Stuff

Duvernay does that to a lot of DBs.