• The KillerFrogs

Rewatching the game has made one thing clear

tcudoc

I’ll take football rules I knew in elementary school for $400, Alex.

If you’ve ever watched Barry sanders highlights, he frequently put his hand down to reclaim his balance when it looked like he was going to be down for sure. Then he would be up and going again looking like he had defied physics.

Last edited:

Double V

I’ll take football rules I knew in elementary school for $400, Alex.

If you’ve ever watched Barry sanders highlights, he frequently put his hand down to reclaim his balance when it looked like he was going to be down for sure. Then he would be up and going again looking like he had defied physics.
Yeah, but did he ever touch the BALL to the ground?!?!

/s/

Moose Stuff

I’ve watched the condensed replay like 4 times on LHN. 2 things stand out..... 1) Herman declining the holding call on our last TD drive makes no sense to me. Would have been like 2nd and 20 from our 10 yard line. Instead Max converts 3rd and 11 on the next play (one of his best throws of the year BTW). 2) Starting with the last drive of the first half Max was SO GOOD. Gonna be nice going into the off season not worried about our QB for a change. Kid has All Big 12/All American potential IMO and the NFL doesn’t seem beyond his reach either.

jake102

I’ve watched the condensed replay like 4 times on LHN. 2 things stand out..... 1) Herman declining the holding call on our last TD drive makes no sense to me. Would have been like 2nd and 20 from our 10 yard line. Instead Max converts 3rd and 11 on the next play (one of his best throws of the year BTW). 2) Starting with the last drive of the first half Max was SO GOOD. Gonna be nice going into the off season not worried about our QB for a change. Kid has All Big 12/All American potential IMO and the NFL doesn’t seem beyond his reach either.

Duggan is a Dalton clone but a lot faster and with a stronger arm. Will be interested to see if his accuracy and feel of the game can match Dalton

HFrog1999

Let’s hope he stays away from transfer portal!

Watch out for the Transfer Portal

source.gif

Eight

Duggan is a Dalton clone but a lot faster and with a stronger arm. Will be interested to see if his accuracy and feel of the game can match Dalton

funny how people remember things. dalton as a redshirtf freshman completed 59.8% of his passes while duggan as a true freshman is completing 58.6% of his passes

i will let others try to compare and contrast the passing offense andy was in versus max and the level of competition.

what i do know is andy was allowed to throw it over 370 times that year and had 2,400+ yards, 10 td's and 11 ints.

max projects to just over 300 attempts this year just over 2,200 yards , already has surpassed andy's td total his freshman season, and has thrown only 1 int.

bottom line is max isn't a dalton clone, he is is max and as many struggles as he has had so far this season he stacks up as well if not better than andy did in their first season as the starting quarterbacks.

andy kept getting better each year in fort worth and grew into the quarterback we saw and remember the most. key is not max follows andy's growth pattern, but that max continues to work and become the best max that he can become.

jake102

Other observations....

God we missed Taye Barber.
Stephens and Hunt are progressing.
We need Ben Wilson to stay healthy.
Mathis is playing a little better.
Song is a very underrated good college kicker.

Yep yep yep. I was going to post today that Mathis had a better game, deserves some recognition.

Stephens and Hunt definitely bright spots. Once Hunt has the ball it seems he has pretty good feel of the field and Stephens does a decent job getting open. If that progress continues, can feel better about Reagor leaving.

Moose Stuff

Yep yep yep. I was going to post today that Mathis had a better game, deserves some recognition.

Stephens and Hunt definitely bright spots. Once Hunt has the ball it seems he has pretty good feel of the field and Stephens does a decent job getting open. If that progress continues, can feel better about Reagor leaving.

Stephens in the slot is an interesting wrinkle.

Eight

Stephens in the slot is an interesting wrinkle.

he is a big, physical guy who is quick enough to pose some match-up problems similar to what they have done with pro wells.

wells in the slot down by the goal line running the corner route has been a nice play a couple of times.

seems like we have been stuck in this limbo of waiting for individual players to develop and an offensive identity to emerge. maybe we start to see that second half of the year.

not a stretch to see a solid passing game being formed from players such as duggan, barber, stephens, hunt, and wells. possibly get thomas back next year, possible for reagor and then you have unknowns such as barkely and danny gray.

i just want to see continued growth and some sense of an offensive identity take shape