• The KillerFrogs

Regarding Turpin

Moose Stuff

Yes, you are right, there is a difference. But don't you think it's at least a little embarrassing that an arrest by one of our players in March is just now surfacing? By an internet poster no less? Isn't that kind of what we lambast other programs for doing? If Marquise Brown was arrested last spring for something like this and it never got publicized, wouldn't we be throwing out some barbs?

Depends on what he did. And is it TCU’s duty to release the info?

Eight

interesting so many automatically presume that a website known as rapsheet.org would be legit right?

possible turp could have been passing through las cruces on spring break.

also possible that this is a website that has a reputation for posting things that aren't accurate.

if you do a simple google search you can find some interesting things written about them, but they must be made up right? or is the posting on rapsheet made up or distrorted?

sad we live in a world that the rush to be first has far surpassed the rush to be right.

not saying turp is innocent of whatever he is accused in ft worth or las cruces, don't know, but the one thing that i do know is he has been marked for being things he possibility didn't do or that we don't have the whole story by posters who get to stay anonymous.

MTfrog5

On the big 12 media conference call, Patterson said something along the lines of "we are a title 9 university so i am limited in what I can talk about" or something along those line. For him to bring that up on his own, my thought is that it is related to a girlfriend.

He also said Turpin is for sure suspended this week and once they get the police report they will look over his status for the rest of the season.
Males are also under Title IX

Wexahu

Depends on what he did. And is it TCU’s duty to release the info?

I don't know. It looks like it was a property damage thing (speaking of which, what the heck is KT doing in Las Cruces in March!?!?)

Anyway, probably good questions, but we normally don't ask them when it's the other program and not us, we just go ahead and throw accusations out there.

CountryFrog

Yes, you are right, there is a difference. But don't you think it's at least a little embarrassing that an arrest by one of our players in March is just now surfacing? By an internet poster no less? Isn't that kind of what we lambast other programs for doing? If Marquise Brown was arrested last spring for something like this and it never got publicized, wouldn't we be throwing out some barbs?
Do you know that it was actively covered up? Just because some of us haven't heard it before doesn't mean there was a conspiracy.

We had some key guys suspended earlier this season and we never knew the exact reasons for it. So I don't believe that TCU has been actively covering things up and protecting guys just to keep them on the field.

Mean Purple

interesting so many automatically presume that a website known as rapsheet.org would be legit right?

possible turp could have been passing through las cruces on spring break.

also possible that this is a website that has a reputation for posting things that aren't accurate.

if you do a simple google search you can find some interesting things written about them, but they must be made up right? or is the posting on rapsheet made up or distrorted?

sad we live in a world that the rush to be first has far surpassed the rush to be right.

not saying turp is innocent of whatever he is accused in ft worth or las cruces, don't know, but the one thing that i do know is he has been marked for being things he possibility didn't do or that we don't have the whole story by posters who get to stay anonymous.
They could have been doing stupid kid stuff and broke a table in a hotel room for all we know. TCU did not attempt to cover something up. Reporters are always checking reports for player names. They even have contacts inside departments who will break protocol to send them the info. TCU did not send the booking sheet from this weekend. (And it is not their job to do so.) Reporters missing on a possible issue in another state is not TCU covering something up. Heck, TCU may have not even known, if it is accurate.

MTfrog5

Pharm Frog

I don't know. It looks like it was a property damage thing (speaking of which, what the heck is KT doing in Las Cruces in March!?!?)

Anyway, probably good questions, but we normally don't ask them when it's the other program and not us, we just go ahead and throw accusations out there.

I couldn’t care less what anyone is doing in Las Cruces during any month of the year. Was it during Spring practice? If not, who cares?

Mean Purple

Actually, this board especially, asks those questions quickly. Too quickly most of the time. Especially when it is our own player. Folks around here wanted Boykin in a stockade the morning after the San Antonio arrest. And it looks like he was the one punched that night, no the other way around. And GP pulled the trigger right away and sent him back to FW.

Eight

They could have been doing stupid kid stuff and broke a table in a hotel room for all we know. TCU did not attempt to cover something up. Reporters are always checking reports for player names. They even have contacts inside departments who will break protocol to send them the info. TCU did not send the booking sheet from this weekend. (And it is not their job to do so.) Reporters missing on a possible issue in another state is not TCU covering something up. Heck, TCU may have not even known, if it is accurate.

if i recall correctly in the case of the devonte' fields "situation" where he reportedly pointed his fingers like a gun through a window at an ex-girlfriend who was now with kevin white and fwpd was called, no complaint was ever filed, he wasn't booked, and it was a phone call from fwpd to the fwst that leaked that bit of information.

might be wrong as i am prone to misremember things and i am not trying to portray fields as a martyr. simply that it is amazing the liberty gets taken with people's personal information under the guise of it being news or acting on a greater good

PO Frog

Actually, this board especially, asks those questions quickly. Too quickly most of the time. Especially when it is our own player. Folks around here wanted Boykin in a stockade the morning after the San Antonio arrest. And it looks like he was the one punched that night, no the other way around. And GP pulled the trigger right away and sent him back to FW.
I think you may have misread the San Antonio situation, and I think subsequent events prove that out...

Eight

i don't understand the reactions to it being announced it is a female if there is still nothing to support if the charges are true

very good friend is retired from hpd and still teaches at the academy. he has talked about the single worst calls you can get are domestic disputes because his experience is that nothing stays the same from the time you arrive on scene to if and when it gets to trial.

tells recruits as soon as you can to write every detail you can remember down, every statement for all parties simply because his experience has been that over time peoples recall changes partly due to the emotions, possible drugs and alcohol in the system is gone, and in more than one case recanting

if turp is guilty he should be punished and needs help to make sure it doesn't happen again, but until more is known this is a case of less is better

Mean Purple

i don't understand the reactions to it being announced it is a female if there is still nothing to support if the charges are true

very good friend is retired from hpd and still teaches at the academy. he has talked about the single worst calls you can get are domestic disputes because his experience is that nothing stays the same from the time you arrive on scene to if and when it gets to trial.

tells recruits as soon as you can to write every detail you can remember down, every statement for all parties simply because his experience has been that over time peoples recall changes partly due to the emotions, possible drugs and alcohol in the system is gone, and in more than one case recanting

if turp is guilty he should be punished and needs help to make sure it doesn't happen again, but until more is known this is a case of less is better
well said. your pal is correct.