• The KillerFrogs

Regarding Turpin

SuperTFrog

This thread feels like Deja Vu. How many threads like this have we had in the last few years?

Boykin
Mike Freeze
Casey Pachall
Tommy Blake
Devonte “Jesus” Fields

Just to name a few. I have lost too many work days checking Killer Frogs every thirty minutes to see what the latest is on our trouble makers.

LisaLT

This thread feels like Deja Vu. How many threads like this have we had in the last few years?

Boykin
Mike Freeze
Casey Pachall
Tommy Blake
Devonte “Jesus” Fields

Just to name a few. I have lost too many work days checking Killer Frogs every thirty minutes to see what the latest is on our trouble makers.
i agree.

CountryFrog

It's pretty simple to me. TCU "admitted" they should've done more the same way that a parent says they should've done more to keep their child from fill in the blank bad behavior. It's not so much because the parent believes they didn't take every reasonable step and precaution at the time, its only because in hindsight what they did ended up not working and so they pretty much have to say that more or something different should've been done.

Or for another analogy that I know everyone on here will understand. We throw a quick screen for a TD and it's a great play. We throw a quick screen for an interception and it's "how the hell could you not see that coming! I've known for years that was going to happen so how could the coaches not know!"

Any time what you do has a bad result then you obviously should've done the other thing.

Moose Stuff

25 pages for this thread. Wow. Its disturbing and upsetting but time to move on. Who knew what when and who lied to who and what are the real facts and so on and so on - it all makes me dizzy. At the end of the day, we have no more Turpintime and that is a HUGE disappointment on so many levels. Who is going to be the next great special teams guy? That is what I want to know. Time to focus on the future.

Yeah...... barring new information coming to light I’m bowing out.

Peacefrog

Degenerate

Boykin
Mike Freeze
Casey Pachall
Tommy Blake
Devonte “Jesus” Fields

230 college football players were arrested, that are known to have been arrested, in 2017 alone.

http://arrestnation.com/2017-stats/

If you think TCU is somehow immune to that I don’t know what to tell you.

ShreveFrog

Maybe TCU didn’t check with LCPD because then you open yourself up to leaks. Someone at LCPD finds out TCU is curious about this Turpin kid they just popped? Oh, he’s a pre-season All Big 12 football star? It gets to the local press and published around the world on the web before GP can tie his sneakers.

Even if TCU thought it was just a property damage complaint, they wouldn’t want that getting around about Turp.

I’m sad that last Saturday is the last time I’ll start a Let’s Go Turpin chant, or see another breakaway TD by him. But I’m more hopeful that he gets his life straight and the victim has a violence free life now.

BABYFACE

to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

I understand your point but don’t think that is wishful thinking and unrealistic? One can strive to be more effective in background checks and pulling police reports, but to ensure that nothing is missed or overlooked again seems to be not possible. Just my opinion.

Zubaz

I understand your point but don’t think that is wishful thinking and unrealistic? One can strive to be more effective in background checks and pulling police reports, but to ensure that nothing is missed or overlooked again seems to be not possible. Just my opinion.
Sure, and if we close this hole, surely we will find another. Perhaps better phrased as "reduce the likelihood of this happening again", or "make sure we don't make the same mistake twice".

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I so disagree with this. A professional, ethical journalist does NOT “write about it”. A professional, ethical journalist interviews and researches, applies critical thinking, and compiles the discoveries into writing. One of the key reasons journalism has gone to hell is because so many of these so-called reporters simply “write about it” when they haven’t earned the right.
Concur.
Where’s Will McAvoy & McKenzie McHale when we need them?

Mean Purple

The information was a matter of public record, we've already admitted that we failed to properly investigate the matter. So again, what's the issue? Did the FWST lie or something? Are they publishing false information? Their job is to report the news, not act as a marketing arm of the University.

I don't think anyone is saying that we knew about this back in March. I think the argument is we probably should have. Which...yeah, we probably should have, and our track record is pretty clear that we would have kicked him out then had we known about it. We found out he was arrested, we should have pulled the public record sometime between a March arrest and a September kickoff to make sure 1) The kid was clear from charges that we knew he had (at which point we would have seen the charges that were filed at the same time and a bench warrant outstanding), and 2) That what he told us was true. It appears that TCU is readily conceding that point, as they should.

I think a question that needs to be asked is whether were we given a police report, or were we given this (what we now know as incomplete) "commercial" report? I would imagine that would need to be clarified. NM sure seems to be suggesting that it was filed at the same time, meaning any police report would include both (these two links show a police report listing the DV filed on 3/15/18). Then again, it's the LCPD, they are certainly capable of mistakes themselves.
Todd,
The links you posted that show the 2nd two pages of the doc shown on scrib in the star telegram report …. is there a link with those that shows the first page? (https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article220481475.html)

Just wondering if it shows the same blanks. Not sure why the scrib version does not include the stamp date on the second page. Just wonderin'

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
The thing that pisses me off the most about Turp is how can he be that scheissing stupid to put himself in that position.

Did he not see what's happened to Boykin and his career? How in the hell can you not learn from the mistakes that Boykin made? That [ Finebaum ] just doesn't make any sense to me at all.

CountryFrog

The thing that pisses me off the most about Turp is how can he be that scheissing stupid to put himself in that position.

Did he not see what's happened to Boykin and his career? How in the hell can you not learn from the mistakes that Boykin made? That [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] just doesn't make any sense to me at all.
Probably for the same reason that every thief who's ever lived still stole things even though the first thief who ever lived had both his hands cut off after he was caught.

Why does anyone ever do anything wrong that other people have done before?

LisaLT

Did he not see what's happened to Boykin and his career? How in the hell can you not learn from the mistakes that Boykin made? That [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] just doesn't make any sense to me at all.
It’s called EGO. I doubt he thought before he reacted about the consequences of his actions. Young dumb and full of... ego.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA

When people are enraged at a lover in a volatile relationship, they're often not really thinking rationally in the moment, much less remembering lessons of others.

finafrog

25 pages for this thread. Wow. Its disturbing and upsetting but time to move on. Who knew what when and who lied to who and what are the real facts and so on and so on - it all makes me dizzy. At the end of the day, we have no more Turpintime and that is a HUGE disappointment on so many levels. Who is going to be the next great special teams guy? That is what I want to know. Time to focus on the future.

When your best player over a four-year period, bar none, gets arrested and kicked out, 25 pages are too few. Too bad that he made some horrible choices. The kid had impact on his team from day one as a true freshman, to his last game. It is all ruined now.