• The KillerFrogs

Regarding Turpin

BABYFACE

New Mexico police don’t know how TCU couldn’t have known about Turpin’s assault charge

The Las Cruces police department doesn’t know how TCU wouldn’t have known about the battery charges. All of the charges were filed on the same day – a battery charge, a criminal damage to the property of a household member and interference with communications.

“The criminal complaint contains the information relevant to the arrest and, obviously, contains information on both charges (the battery against a HHM [household member] and the criminal damage to property),” said Dan Trujillo, the Las Cruces police department public information officer.

“It was all filed the same day and on the same complaint that was sent to [the Star-Telegram]. Anyone who would have requested the criminal complaint would have received the same document that [the Star-Telegram] received.”

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article220481475.html

I'm sorry, but it's looking more like an active cover up.

BS. You haven’t been around this program long or you are not paying attention. And no, you are not sorry.

netty2424

StarTelegram going all in on GP. They can’t put enough bloodhounds on this story. There’s clearly an axe to grind here.

Hope he did things the right way and those ‘things’ are well documented.

tcumaniac

Nothing new here, but the star telegram is absolutely pathetic.

Pathetic employees. Pathetic product. Just all around suck. What a disgrace that a city as great as Fort Worth is stuck with such a worthless local news source.

MTfrog5

I’m still waiting for someone to tell me what even occurred in NM. “Battery” is relatively vague.
NM says you should already know. It’s all in the document. Seems like they are covering heir tracks a little because GP literally has the documents and it’s not there so it couldn’t have been filed together

HToady

Nothing new here, but the star telegram is absolutely pathetic.

Pathetic employees. Pathetic product. Just all around suck. What a disgrace that a city as great as Fort Worth is stuck with such a worthless local news source.
Don't buy their product. You can get more news for free than you could ever want....including the obits.

Sebastian S

StarTelegram going all in on GP. They can’t put enough bloodhounds on this story. There’s clearly an axe to grind here.

It's a story. It's what journalists live for.

If there is a hint of a story, go all in!

If your assignment is to cover a certain institution, you write about it whether it's good or bad.
- Bad seems to be better since it gets more clicks.

netty2424

If your assignment is to cover a certain institution, you write about it whether it's good or bad.
Despite seemingly putting articles out there that may or may not have all the facts straight.

Mean Purple

I ask the question again, is it normal for a report, like the one in the star telegram follow up, to not have the date or file/case number filled in?

My post on the previous page regarding the don anna county data I saw yesterday makes me wonder. Why two different listings? (one showing just the prop damage and one showing all 3) is it just a duplicate so they show each individual?

MTfrog5

I ask the question again, is it normal for a report, like the one in the star telegram follow up, to not have the date or file/case number filled in?

My post on the previous page regarding the don anna county data I saw yesterday makes me wonder. Why two different listings? (one showing just the prop damage and one showing all 3) is it just a duplicate so they show each individual?

This is was he has. What I saw yesterday only had the property charge as well so I’m curious what the hell is going on. This has the case number too

Pharm Frog

I so disagree with this. A professional, ethical journalist does NOT “write about it”. A professional, ethical journalist interviews and researches, applies critical thinking, and compiles the discoveries into writing. One of the key reasons journalism has gone to hell is because so many of these so-called reporters simply “write about it” when they haven’t earned the right.

Frog Island

It really looks like the N.M. PD is in CYA mode. We’ll know soon and I know TCU will fight if they know they’re being thrown under the bus.

Sebastian S

It's their freedom to write about anything.

Until there are consequences, why will they stop?

He will anger mostly TCU fans, thousands of them. There are others out there that want TCU to fail and will be all in- there are probably more of those than TCU fans.