• The KillerFrogs

RA'SHAAD SAMPLES - crootin'

Horny4TCU

Now let’s hope Texas talent means success on the field.

Look at that school in Austin with so many good Texas recruits and nothing to show for, jumping from one coach to another.
This... We really miss out on the Oline and Dline for a lot of talent. We might have good skill players coming out of Texas, but the trenches seem to come from other states... Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how I currently see the college recruiting world.

Eight

I may have missed it, but I don't think anyone has ever said recruiting doesn't matter. If so, point it out and I'll enjoy some crow.

What HAS been said (and implied) is that GP built this program on 2-3*'s. Rebuilding a program takes more than 6 years when you're doing so from the dregs where we were. Also, during the next three seasons, including when we won the Rose Bowl, we were still using mostly 2* & 3*'s. GP thrived on those kids that had a chip on their shoulder, that weren't viewed as "blueblood" material. Speaking of the Rose Bowl, Tank Carder, one of the best linebackers to play during the GP era and a TCU legend, was a 2*. To only pick the first 6 years of a program is disingenuous at best.

except the program wasn't built on 2 star players. that is a myth that for some reason continues to live on and a list was posted with the recruiting rankings of the kids since 247 has been ranking kids

the other thing that somehow gets brushed aside is when tcu was playing cusa and mwc teams they brought in among the top recruiting classes of their conference peers. the 2008-10 was the time period were tcu had a group of lower rated recruits who really performed well against high rated opponents.

beating bosie, cincy, utah when they were also drawing from the same pool was notable, but not remarkable

Eight

This... We really miss out on the Oline and Dline for a lot of talent. We might have good skill players coming out of Texas, but the trenches seem to come from other states... Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how I currently see the college recruiting world.

maybe so, but there is line talent being produced in this state

HFrog1999

except the program wasn't built on 2 star players. that is a myth that for some reason continues to live on and a list was posted with the recruiting rankings of the kids since 247 has been ranking kids

the other thing that somehow gets brushed aside is when tcu was playing cusa and mwc teams they brought in among the top recruiting classes of their conference peers. the 2008-10 was the time period were tcu had a group of lower rated recruits who really performed well against high rated opponents.

beating bosie, cincy, utah when they were also drawing from the same pool was notable, but not remarkable

I stopped following recruiting because every time I got excited about a recruit he’d take up smoking outside Chipotle

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
The weather was awful but it just became part of it and it was one of my most fun experiences at a TCU game. It gave me the sads this year thinking of how far the program had fallen when we couldn’t come close to that crowd for our last home game against UT in the foreseeable future on a beautiful day. I hope that we get that back soon.
I’m so glad I was there in person. After accepting the weather for what it was it was one of my great TCU game day experiences

HFrog1999

i sold baylor tickets in boykins senior year a week before the game for $350/ ea. - weather was so awful at kickoff they were giving tickets away.

I sold mine as well.

All I could think while I sat in front of my warm fire and watched Baylor lose was, “I hope some Baylor fans bought my tickets and are completely miserable right now”

Jerry Seinfeld Laughing GIF

geefrogs

I'd be curious to know how many 5-star players will be on the field for the Big 12 title game this weekend. I'm guessing I can count them with one hand.

Teams with massive 5-stars NOT playing this weekend.

Ohio State
Texas A&M
Oklahoma

Winning is hard.

Last edited: