• The KillerFrogs

Rangers game 2 and 7 too conflict with TCU home games

PurpleHills

When the Frogs play, no one else exists.
ph34r.gif

We now see the problem that TCU has, even with a national top 5 team, being touted as the #1 team in Texas and yet there is so much

Competition for the sports fan that even "die-hard" Frog fans can be forced to make a hard choice. Last week the Metroplex is full of games that pull fans and attention away from TCU, now it carries on this week. No matter what the outcome for the Frogs, win 'em all for two, three years in a row, and we still have to battle to fill ACS.

PH
Good problems to have? Or would we rather go back to 1980?
PS: I'll take whatever seats I can afford in ACS II

joefrog91

My tickets won't go to waste, my wife and several friends will be there cheering on the Frogs. Plenty of people in the metroplex to fill both stadiums with ease.

GO FROGS

You seriously believe this? The stadium won't look as bad as last week, but it won't be full either. I think there will be a significant amount of people that go to the Ranger game or watch the game at their tailgate in the TCU parking lots.

BABYFACE

i don't think the butts in Rangers seats will affect TCU much. But the casual fan that stays home to watch the the Ranger game on TV could have an impact IMO.

TCURealtyFrog

Hey Purple Hills,
"Die Hard" Frog fans are the ones who don't even think twice about missing a TCU game, no matter what other events are going on. Period!

If any of the forum posters on here go to the Rangers game on Saturday, that of course, is their choice. But that means they ain't "Die Hard" Frog fans & that also means they are part of the attendance problem.

Guys & gals, it all STARTS WITH US!!!!

Attendance, credibility from filling Amon Carter, increased interest from AQ conferences & landing better recruits, (because a full house, sells recruits on TCU).

Be part of the attendance solution on Saturdays in Amon Carter, not part of the problem.

StinnettFrog

Hey Purple Hills,
"Die Hard" Frog fans are the ones who don't even think twice about missing a TCU game, no matter what other events are going on. Period!

If any of the forum posters on here go to the Rangers game on Saturday, that of course, is their choice. But that means they ain't "Die Hard" Frog fans & that also means they are part of the attendance problem.

Attendance, credibility from filling Amon Carter, increased interest from AQ conferences & landing better recruits, (because a full house, sells recruits on TCU).

Be part of the attendance solution on Saturdays in Amon Carter, not part of the problem.

I have talked my wife into many a road trip and have not missed a TCU home game in over 10 years so I would say I am more die hard than most of the graduates I know who only recently started going to games after many winning seasons and still only when their schedule permits. Everyone has priorities and I had a great many TCU fans tell me I was nuts for not going to the Ranger game last Saturday.

Personally I am hoping for a major rain storm so that I can still see the Frogs and the Ranger game gets rained out. Maybe I can pull from that Indian heritage for some help.

GO FROGS

desmith03

Hey Purple Hills,

Did ecto get a new handle?

PurpleHills

Hey Purple Hills,

I agree with you on that, that's why die hard is in quotes "Die-Hard" means they are NOT so die hard.

PH
you are right, it does start with US

bbell

I don't understand the people who would go to a baseball game over our beloved TCU horned frogs. Attendence at the TCU games matters much more than the attendence at a Ranger game. And ofcourse football is much more exciting than baseball :tongue:

PurpleHills

I don't understand the people who would go to a baseball game over our beloved TCU horned frogs. Attendence at the TCU games matters much more than the attendence at a Ranger game. And ofcourse football is much more exciting than baseball :tongue:

To each his own, I've been a Ranger fan for all of the 39 years they've been here, going back to that old minor league ball park they moved into from Washington. So yeah I can see the issue as a hard choice for some of us that are BOTH Ranger and Frog fans.

PH
Love 'em both

BABYFACE

While this is not a solution for some but if you have playoff tickets for the Rangers go Friday night and sell your Saturday ticket online for a nice profit. You get to see the Rangers for a game and also see the TCU game not mention the money from selling you Saturday Ranger ticket.

I have been thinking on how to tell my daughters on how I am not taking them to Aledo game on Friday. On the other hand, I have been to all the Ranger playoff games at the Ballpark against the Yankees in the 3 previous playoff series against them. Maybe, I should skip the Ranger game on Friday considering they lost every playoff game I previously attended against the Yanks. Maybe that would change the luck against NY.