• The KillerFrogs

Purple Menace

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark32

The basketball site drives me crazy. Very little done with it. Has had nothing on there about us trying to sign Anthony Collins who ended up with S. Fla. Has had nothing on there about us trying to sign Ryan Rhoomes. There has been nothing on there about the Fernandez kid. It seems like if it is a football recruit, they have it, but basketball, not so much until they sign. Just disappointing.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
The basketball site drives me crazy. Very little done with it. Has had nothing on there about us trying to sign Anthony Collins who ended up with S. Fla. Has had nothing on there about us trying to sign Ryan Rhoomes. There has been nothing on there about the Fernandez kid. It seems like if it is a football recruit, they have it, but basketball, not so much until they sign. Just disappointing.

God knows it keeps me up at night........ :blink:

Houston Frog

All the basketball stuff is in the message board section (which isn't much either), they do very little in the way of articles in regards to basketball recruiting.

AUFrog

You may be right about Collins but there has been quite a bit of discussion on Rhoomes and some on Fernandez. They freely admit they don't provide much as far as recruiting updates for hoops. I wish they did more in that area (how much harder can it be to interview a hoops recruit?) but really go there for football recruiting info and fewer trolls.

Trelvis

You pays you money and you takes you chances. :biggrin:

Exactly. Why I will never pay for content on the internet unless every site moves to it. No use in paying for content when you can find it for free somewhere else just as easy. I like PM, but cant bring myself to pay for their info.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
You are complaining here why?

Army Frog Fan

ron-washington_BigSmile.jpg

That's the way Purple Menace go.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Anthony Collins was the top remaining unsigned HS prospect in the Houston area and possibly Texas and he goes to SoFla. :wacko:

We have no base anymore in the Houston area and little if any in Texas.

We know about Rhoomes as he will take one more visit and then decide (TCU in the lead so far), Stokes visiting on April 8 per his coach, and Fernandez supposedly down to ECU or TCU, but still hoping for more serious looks. Plus for ECU is he seems to want to stay east coast, plus for TCU is he likes being in a little more christian atmosphere, He is from Jamaica and many hoping he'll be the first in the NBA from there, has the size and decent around the basket for a good college center but no outside shot so a lot of work needed.

TCURiggs

Thurgood Jenkins: I be from Jamaica, mon. Lord have mercy.

Samson Simpson: What part of Jamaica?

Thurgood Jenkins: Right near da beach. Boy-eeee!

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
He is from Jamaica and many hoping he'll be the first in the NBA from there, has the size and decent around the basket for a good college center but no outside shot so a lot of work needed.

Patrick Ewing is from Jamaica. Born in Kingston, moved to US at 11. Didn't become a US citizen until he was at Georgetown.

froginaustin

Exactly. Why I will never pay for content on the internet unless every site moves to it. No use in paying for content when you can find it for free somewhere else just as easy. I like PM, but cant bring myself to pay for their info.
I make a voluntary contribution to this site, and subscribe to PM. Both sites are useful to me, and I don't mind contributing modestly to them any more than I mind contributing to public radio or subscribing to a newspaper.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Then they're all in for a disappointment.

Patrick Ewing is from Jamaica. Born in Kingston, moved to US at 11. Didn't become a US citizen until he was at Georgetown.

Think they mean someone who played more than playground ball from Jamaica.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
Think they mean someone who played more than playground ball from Jamaica.

Wayne Sappleton also spent a year in The Association (for the Nets), having grown up in Jamaica, then playing at Loyola (IL) and the Jamaican National Team.

mark32

I get it guys. Maybe I shouldn't be compaining, and yes I know this is killerfrogs not purplemenace, but I do care about basketball-TCU basketball. I want to see them do well. I think that site which covers our Frogs can and should do a better job. There is an update on football almost everyday, but the basketball page has had Clark on their for almost a year now. Thanks Feisty for all you do in keeping us/me informed.

Trelvis

Probably because TCU football drives the traffic to that site while there is probably 10 people who want TCU basketball news.

FrogsMcGee

Maybe you should send Jeremy and Jeremiah an email with your concerns rather than posting them on a site where they are likely to never see them?

Status
Not open for further replies.