• The KillerFrogs

Purke's injury may not just be a blister...

Houston Frog

I didn't think it was possible to be a bigger homer than me, but you people are crazy if you think we are going to the CWS without Purke.

I knew I should have asked Purke myself when I saw him at Kroger the other day.

I certainly wouldn't bet money on us without Purke, but it would be silly to imply that all of our hopes of making the CWS rest solely on the healthy arm of Matt Purke. Sure, not having him would be a big loss, but even without him we have one of the best pitching staffs in the country (especially with the emergence of Mitchell and Crichton). I'm not sure where I would rank it, but it's certainly capable of getting us to Omaha.

And our bats are gonna come around. We may not be the offense we were last year, but our guys didn't just all forget how to hit. We'll start scoring runs sooner or later

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
He's right....its not a blister.

It's Seborrheic Dermatitis, due to the constant irritation of his scalp caused by the improper positioning of his cap. They're keeping it quiet because after college Purke has an endoresement deal with Selsun Blue shampoo lined up, and if word leaked it could blow the deal.

FROGDADDY

i don't know how much validity this has, but i heard through the grapeine that Purke's blister is a lie, and that he actually injured his throwing shoulder...

i guess we'll find out in Lubbock
Last I heard is that he's throwing on Sunday. I'm guessing you got some bad info unless he's planning on throwing right handed.

FROGDADDY

He's right....its not a blister.

It's Seborrheic Dermatitis, due to the constant irritation of his scalp caused by the improper positioning of his cap. They're keeping it quiet because after college Purke has an endoresement deal with Selsun Blue shampoo lined up, and if word leaked it could blow the deal.
I heard he's taking George Costanza's place as the world's most famous hand model.

cdsfrog

not to mention have you seen our freshman pitchers? talk about exciting. lord knows if we can start hitting we could really start a run.

/crossesfingers

NubomTurk

Tier 1
I saw him and Charlie Sheen smoking together at Chipolte.
Speaking of Charlie Sheen, he said something on his Today Show interview that really resonated with me and that I think I'm going to adopt as my new philosophy:

I AM TIRED OF PRETENDING THAT I'M NOT SPECIAL!

So there.

tcumaniac

i'm just saying that's what i heard. hopefully it's not true... all of yall need to stop your bitching or i'll never say anything again... being a student, i'd say i have pretty good sources

ftwfrog

i'm just saying that's what i heard. hopefully it's not true... all of yall need to stop your bitching or i'll never say anything again... being a student, i'd say i have pretty good sources
HAHAHAHAHA!!! Thanks for making my day. :biggrin: :biggrin: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Wow, and I used to think GDU was a huge [Rod Gilmore].

OmniscienceFrog

I heard he's taking George Costanza's place as the world's most famous hand model.

Just hand modeling?

george-costanza.jpg

cdsfrog

There's a difference in getting to Omaha and winning in Omaha.

unless of course of the freshman pitchers stands out and continues to dominate.

Honestly though pitching is not our problem. Hitting is. Losing 2-1 and 4-3 is DEFINITELY a hitting problem.

SnoSki

We need Coats to start hitting, Johnson to stay hot, Rivera to stay hot, KVT to get on base more and most of all we need Elander to get healthy.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Gentlemen - before you type please pause and remember we're speaking of (and real close to ragging pretty hard on) 18-22 year old kids essentially - some of whom very well might read this board.

Now, back to topic... Geez - if we're panicking this bad because of what boils down to 8 games of slumpish hitting, what are we going to do come football season when nearly the entire team has to figure it out from scratch? One loss and the board may cause computers to explode!

There's plenty of want-to and plenty of talent. Talk to me if we're at .500 after April.