• The KillerFrogs

Psychology courses at TCU

NavySupplyFrog

I took general psych with Bohem. Hardest general psych class but you will learn a lot. I was helping my pre med roommate study for a neuroscience final after his class. I also had stuntz for behavioral research my final semester. That's about all I know in that department. Made a's in both classes

FungoFrog

Tier 1
Have him/her take Broom, Peutersdottir, Boehm, Cross, and McFarland if they are brave enough...

Broom: Intro

Peutersdottir: Metics/measurement

Boehm: Anything

Cross: Child Psych

McFarland: Love and Sex class... Jesus that woman is an open book.

YCBJ Frog

I took general psych with Bohem. Hardest general psych class but you will learn a lot. I was helping my pre med roommate study for a neuroscience final after his class. I also had stuntz for behavioral research my final semester. That's about all I know in that department. Made a's in both classes

Boehm is a great teacher and he's one of the professors I go visit when I go back to TCU. I didnt know he taught a general psych class--I think he only did upper level classes like physio psych when I was there.

If the person looking to take the class is a psych or neuroscience or biology major, doing general with him will help them prepare for later classes (it will be more challenging). If they aren't looking to build a knowledge base for later psych/neuro classes and just want to fulfill science requirements, do it with someone else and get an easy A, unless they just really want to learn psych.

McFroggin

[quote name='you_can't_be_joking' timestamp='1308461212' post='855024']
Boehm is a great teacher and he's one of the professors I go visit when I go back to TCU. I didnt know he taught a general psych class--I think he only did upper level classes like physio psych when I was there.

If the person looking to take the class is a psych or neuroscience or biology major, doing general with him will help them prepare for later classes (it will be more challenging). If they aren't looking to build a knowledge base for later psych/neuro classes and just want to fulfill science requirements, do it with someone else and get an easy A, unless they just really want to learn psych.
[/quote]

I second Boehm.

Latest posts