• The KillerFrogs

PressBox DFW: About this Patterson-Cumbie kerfuffle . . .

Pharm Frog

I guess you could also look at it like he has been out front covering Sonny's ass for a long time and had enough.

I will always give GP the benefit of the doubt. He deserves it. Cumbie is getting paid and doing a poor job. I'm sure he is a nice guy but in my view he is way over his head in his role. Way over.

If GP has been covering Sonny’s ass for a long time then GP is doing a poor job for his pay and title. I generally give people the benefit of the doubt including GP. In this case there is no doubt. What he did was case study poor leadership, accountability deflection, and emotion-based unprofessional and there’s really no way to spin it but I’m sure it will be attempted. And, I’d say the same thing if the final score would have been 14-10 in favor of SMU. Just looks immensely more ridiculous when it was 41-38.

I’m no fan of SC but there’s no excuse for what GP did and Gil and others rightfully called him out.

frog-hat

I guess you could also look at it like he has been out front covering Sonny's ass for a long time and had enough.

I will always give GP the benefit of the doubt. He deserves it. Cumbie is getting paid and doing a poor job. I'm sure he is a nice guy but in my view he is way over his head in his role. Way over.
GP looked to be equally in over his head against a former assistant

notyalc

GP should make SC available after every game, not a one and done under these circumstances.

Exactly. Just be consistent. If Sonny calls a great game he should be able to answer questions on "how" we did it. If he calls a bone headed trick play at a critical moment he should be able to answer "why" we did it.

Mean Purple

Talking of being consistent, there is a flip side to all of this. In the years we have been good in this conference, the offense scored well. 2017 we were not as good, but the O could find the zone.

Defense got needed stops to help, but got points hung on them.

Maybe it is GP that needed to change and not Meach. Maybe let Cumbie work that style, which is really what he is trained for.