• The KillerFrogs

PressBox DFW: About this Patterson-Cumbie kerfuffle . . .

Big Frog II

A good deal of our problem is at the QB position. Somehow we got into the position of not having a seasoned QB to depend on. Through misses and injuries we find ourselves in this spot. With our line and our RB's we should have had a killer year. Unfortunately it looks like another mediocre one.

Bruce Berry

Don’t see how this particular situation lends itself to “siding” with or against anyone.

I'll go slow.

Your comment-
"He either talks to the media in good times and in bad times or not at all. Can’t subject your coaches to that type of selective [ steaming pile of Orgeron].

I think he should have talked to the media. I agree with GP.

PurpleBlood87

I think the wild frog calls were nuts. but gp has on a headset and he can stop any play he wants to stop. that's called taking responsibility as the head coach. gp seems to prefer to throw his oc under the bus. its a very bad look; and worse it destroys the coaching staff and team chemistry. I hope Kelsey gives him a talking to tonight. he won't listen to anyone else.

GP has on head sets but that doesn't mean he's listening to the offensive coaches. His head set probably just links him to his defensive coaches.

After the wildfrog fiasco GP walked past SC and said something and was shaking his head, like that was a poor decision.

Wexahu

GP has on head sets but that doesn't mean he's listening to the offensive coaches. His head set probably just links him to his defensive coaches.

After the wildfrog fiasco GP walked past SC and said something and was shaking his head, like that was a poor decision.

The bottom line is he is way, way, way more palatable when we are winning.

Pharm Frog

I'll go slow.

Your comment-
"He either talks to the media in good times and in bad times or not at all. Can’t subject your coaches to that type of selective [ steaming pile of Orgeron].

I think he should have talked to the media. I agree with GP.

Okay....I typically associate taking sides with teams or persons. I see your point. In this case I side with the position that what GP did was wrong...very wrong. And, the attitude of "siding with the person who built the program regardless" I find to be a very precarious position to be in.

y2kFrog

You would think Cumbie would remember the back to back passes by Kyle Hicks in 2016, but he can't even remember that in 2018 Reagor showed needs the ball in hands anyway possible.

TCU_91

GP is a man in the twilight of his career who is frustrated that the things that used to work don’t quite work anymore...What happened yesterday, at both the game and the presser, was the reality that the answer to his problems lies some place he’s never been before.

Cumbie is in the beginnings of his career where he doesn’t know his ass from a hole in the wall and he has no clue of how to make it all work together. Not only that, he doesn’t have a soul he can go to and find the answers to his questions..

GP made a bad hire and now needs to own that..

This is incredibly accurate.

I have never seen GP get owned like he hasaid against any one team like he had OU.

Stoops flat out coached him year after year, yes stoops did that to many, but many were not like Paterson .

They you saw something happen with a young pup in Lincoln Riley.

He got the best of GP during the season, then did something I haven't seen which is abuse his defense AGAIN in the same season in the same way.

I sincerely pray I am wrong but things may have progressed beyond what we use to take for granted. That being GP would right the ship and whip arse.

Pharm Frog

Probably not but then I would guess Saarloos has never told a pitcher to throw an 80 mile per hour fastball belt high over the middle of the plate and that is essentially what Cumbie has done multiple times between low percentage plays and getting cute.

And if CKS did tell a pitcher to throw an 80 mph fastball belt-high over the middle of the plate, CJS would say something to the effect of "Why the ____ did you tell him to do that? And don't do it again." And, CJS would have command presence in that situation because he is invested in all aspects of the Frog baseball team (offense, defense, and pitching). Maybe not equally so for each aspect of the team but far more distributed than what we have in the football program. But we've known that forever.

flyfishingfrog

A good deal of our problem is at the QB position. Somehow we got into the position of not having a seasoned QB to depend on. Through misses and injuries we find ourselves in this spot. With our line and our RB's we should have had a killer year. Unfortunately it looks like another mediocre one.
The only problem with that line of thinking is if I remember correctly 7 of the top 25 teams last week had a true freshman starting at QB - So it seems others are figuring out how to win big games with inexperienced qbs

And if CKS did tell a pitcher to throw an 80 mph fastball belt-high over the middle of the plate, CJS would say something to the effect of "Why the ____ did you tell him to do that? And don't do it again." And, CJS would have command presence in that situation because he is invested in all aspects of the Frog baseball team (offense, defense, and pitching). Maybe not equally so for each aspect of the team but far more distributed than what we have in the football program. But we've known that forever.
We know the perception that exists regarding that aspect of his being a head coach but without being inside the program, the degree to which that is the case is difficult to really know with certainty--at least I feel like it is for me. What I do ask myself is why with all the times that he has practiced against Cumbie, the deficiencies which have plagued the offense have not led him to make a change. I mean he's certainly familiar with what offenses do that put maximize stress on defenses with play design and sequencing that we do not successfully employ and execute. The only thing I can come up with is, that with all of his success, when he sees the defense win practice he attributes that to what he is doing on defense and doesn't stop to consider that maybe some of that success is because his OC is a moron.

Realtorfrog

What GP did to SC at the presser is a precursor to showing him the door..Book it..

He’ll try to get through to the off season but it’s coming..Somethings you can just feel..
It almost happened last year. Came real close to making a change but changed last minute.

PurpleBlood87

I just don't think CJS would throw CKS under the bus like that because he is the head coach and takes responsibility for the outcome of the game.

Dogfrog

I remember a couple years ago GP said that he does listen to offensive coaches calling plays and can veto. Assume that’s still the case but who knows?