T17. UCF
19. Iowa
20. Michigan State
21. Washington State
22. Syracuse
23. Stanford
24. Iowa State
25. Northwestern

Others receiving votes: Nebraska 152; Boise State 118; Mississippi State 111; Miami (FL) 94; Army 91; Kentucky 79; Virginia Tech 64; TCU 63; USC 47; Utah State 32; Fresno State 32; Virginia 30; Cincinnati 25; West Virginia 24; Memphis 24; Oklahoma State 20; South Carolina 15; NC State 12; Duke 10; Boston College 5; Florida State 4; Baylor 4; Appalachian State 4; North Texas 3; Houston 3; UCLA 2; Temple 2; Arizona State 2; Troy 1; Tennessee 1; Ole Miss 1; Minnesota 1.

Breakdown:
B1G: 7 ([ What the heck? ]?)
secsecsec: 6
P12: 5.
B12: 3
ACC 2
G5/ND: 2

lol at Nebraska #26.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/polls/amway-coaches-poll/

Last edited:

Zubaz

Northwestern, Syracuse, and Iowa State look too high to me, I'm predicting they all end the season unranked.

As for us, whatever, until we have a solid answer at the most important position we don't deserve to be ranked ahead of any of these guys. Besides, we're not in the MWC anymore and we will have ample opportunity to prove ourselves.

Froggish

Northwestern, Syracuse, and Iowa State look too high to me, I'm predicting they all end the season unranked.

As for us, whatever, until we have a solid answer at the most important position we don't deserve to be ranked ahead of any of these guys. Besides, we're not in the MWC anymore and we will have ample opportunity to prove ourselves.

ISU has the look... I think they are a little low. UT is way out of wack.. They look way to high.. I expect us to finish the season in the top 25..Despite our QB situation, we are a senior heavy football team with a ton of young athleticism..Anything less than 9 wins should be disappointing

82Frog

So grad assistants and administrative assistants think we are about 33rd...Got It

Reminds me of my days as an intern at channel 5 sports back in 1981. One of my duties was calling area high school football coaches and getting their top 10 area football teams. Half the time they were out or they would not call back. . . so I guessed each week what the "Area Top 10" should be. Back then it was always Plano, LD Bell, Lewisville, SOC etc etc.

netty2424

ISU has the look... I think they are a little low. UT is way out of wack.. They look way to high.. I expect us to finish the season in the top 25..Despite our QB situation, we are a senior heavy football team with a ton of young athleticism..Anything less than 9 wins should be disappointing
Just did a quick www search on ISU with the loss of Montgomery and Butler in mind, and found this article.

They represented 53% of the offensive production. I was ignorant to that fact after we lost Doctson. Assumed that production would just move to another duo or triplet. Didn’t happen. Will be interesting to see how they transition that into their WR/RB.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...-season-5-questions-20190801?template=amphtml

4. Who replaces Hakeem Butler and David Montgomery?
Speaking of Montgomery, he and receiver Hakeem Butler declared for the NFL Draft after last season. They accounted for 53 percent of Iowa State’s total offense.

Iowa State’s first depth chart of the season had five running backs listed who could be the starter, including two true freshmen.

So that battle will go at least until the first game of the season, and it wouldn’t be surprising to see a running back by committee approach.

At receiver, Iowa State has proven players in Deshaunte Jones and Tarique Milton. They also brought in Arkansas graduate transfer La’Michael Pettway, who led the Razorbacks in receiving last season.

Receiver seems more stable than running back but replacing a safety blanket like Butler can be tricky.

Froggish

Just did a quick www search on ISU with the loss of Montgomery and Butler in mind, and found this article.

They represented 53% of the offensive production. I was ignorant to that fact after we lost Doctson. Assumed that production would just move to another duo or triplet. Didn’t happen. Will be interesting to see how they transition that into their WR/RB.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/iowa-state-cyclones/iowa-state-football-media-day-2019-season-5-questions-20190801?template=amphtml

4. Who replaces Hakeem Butler and David Montgomery?
Speaking of Montgomery, he and receiver Hakeem Butler declared for the NFL Draft after last season. They accounted for 53 percent of Iowa State’s total offense.

Iowa State’s first depth chart of the season had five running backs listed who could be the starter, including two true freshmen.

So that battle will go at least until the first game of the season, and it wouldn’t be surprising to see a running back by committee approach.

At receiver, Iowa State has proven players in Deshaunte Jones and Tarique Milton. They also brought in Arkansas graduate transfer La’Michael Pettway, who led the Razorbacks in receiving last season.

Receiver seems more stable than running back but replacing a safety blanket like Butler can be tricky.

Absolutely great point but I’d bet they’ll run the ball effectively behind that senior laden offensive line and they have a very good young QB who should be even better. They make a step back offensively but I don’t think it will be much. In addition they may have more to like on defense then we do. 9 returning starters, rising star DC, and most people dont realize that they just barely finished behind us in total defense last year. I don’t think they win the conference but they will be in every game they play this year and should get to 9 wins..