• The KillerFrogs

Prepping for playing at Purdue this Fall

LeagueCityFrog

I don't think the TCU fan turnout is going to be all that great for this one minus the alums that live in Chicago that make the trip. TCU better throttle this team or what are we doing here. TCU alums and donors spend WAY MORE money on football than Purdue does. It's called return on investment and Gary should throttle these guys with the horses he has in his stable this year. Getting Blacklock and #6 back on defense is huge in itself.

ftwfrog

Anyone have an opinion as to whether this is a trip worth making?

I have a flight on hold for a few more days, and a hotel that I can cancel up until August.

Have heard that Purdue was a cool place to visit, but I just don't find myself very excited about this game and the cost of travel/accommodations/tickets for what you get.
If you had a pair you’d fly into Chicago, an extra hour to West Lafayette for Saturday’s game and return to catch the Cubs Sunday afternoon game at Wrigley.

YA

Thanks for the heads up, but where do you shop for rental cars?

I just made a reservation with Avis for a full sized car getting in Friday evening and leaving Sunday evening from Indianapolis airport for $92 after tax.
I'm coming in on Thursday. I looked at Avis and it is savings of $70 and going thru a counter service. With Hertz I just go pick any vehicle and bypass the 20 minutes at the counter each way.

Anyone have an opinion as to whether this is a trip worth making?

I have a flight on hold for a few more days, and a hotel that I can cancel up until August.

Have heard that Purdue was a cool place to visit, but I just don't find myself very excited about this game and the cost of travel/accommodations/tickets for what you get.
The Princess and I are making a longer trip. We’re going to stay in Chicago and either rent a car or hire a car service to drive down and back for the game

Froggish

After what I watched Cumbie trot out last year I’m just going to assume every game will be a ball buster...Brohm is a good offensive mind and he is probably watching TCU/OU tape right now..No doubt we will be attacked in a very similar way as Riley does just with less talent..

Bob

A good plan, to me, is flying into Chicago (Midway), stay the weekend at Indiana Beach on Lake Shafer. It should still be open on week-ends. Flying into Indy and staying in Lafeyette is not recommended.

SnoSki

If anyone wants a great hotel to stay at in Chicago try the Chiacago Athletic Hotel. Really neat place that was the original men’s rec center 100 years ago and all the big names in Chicago hung out there. Now it’s been repurposed very tastefully.

4th. down

After what I watched Cumbie trot out last year I’m just going to assume every game will be a ball buster...Brohm is a good offensive mind and he is probably watching TCU/OU tape right now..No doubt we will be attacked in a very similar way as Riley does just with less talent..

Until proven otherwise, have to agree. 3 weeks to prepare an offensive game plan for Cal and we come out throwing the ball (literally) all over the field when we don't have anyone who can pass????? Well, maybe Reagor, he can do everything else. Show us something plausible Sonny, something that resembles the talent ON HAND, game planning around that, and the opponent.

PS: Rodney Anderson (OU) is fully recovered from injury so you add him back in the mix along with Hurts, Sonny you gotta score son, you can't lay it all on the back of GP's defense.

froginmn

I don't think the TCU fan turnout is going to be all that great for this one minus the alums that live in Chicago that make the trip. TCU better throttle this team or what are we doing here. TCU alums and donors spend WAY MORE money on football than Purdue does. It's called return on investment and Gary should throttle these guys with the horses he has in his stable this year. Getting Blacklock and #6 back on defense is huge in itself.
According to this analysis from two years ago:
19.45 million versus 16.89 million. Not all that much more, and we are way down the list.

LeagueCityFrog

According to this analysis from two years ago:
19.45 million versus 16.89 million. Not all that much more, and we are way down the list.

Show me this list..... The last list I saw showed TCU spent $43 million that season. $43 million for 12-13 games is crazy, but hey, it's our state's second religion.

H0RNEDFR0G

I think a lot of people are overlooking how badly we needed a new WR coach. I believe Malcolm Kelly will be a real difference maker. I hope we either: 1) simplify so that WRs have less reads, or 2) improve on execution. Perhaps we need to do both. I'm hopeful that new blood will help.

With better receiver play we win at LEAST the Texas Tech & KU game last year. The UT game is probably 50/50 even with better receiver play. If we pulled it off, we're playing for the chip in December where... we still get smoked - sorry.

Everyone knew, way back in October, that some of the picks Robinson threw were the fault of receiver's poor route running/failure to high point the ball. How many times did you see Hill, Robinson, and Collins get visibly upset at WRs after a play? It seemed pretty frequent to me. I'm really glad this area was addressed.

Froggish

I think a lot of people are overlooking how badly we needed a new WR coach. I believe Malcolm Kelly will be a real difference maker. I hope we either: 1) simplify so that WRs have less reads, or 2) improve on execution. Perhaps we need to do both. I'm hopeful that new blood will help.

With better receiver play we win at LEAST the Texas Tech & KU game last year. The UT game is probably 50/50 even with better receiver play. If we pulled it off, we're playing for the chip in December where... we still get smoked - sorry.

Everyone knew, way back in October, that some of the picks Robinson threw were the fault of receiver's poor route running/failure to high point the ball. How many times did you see Hill, Robinson, and Collins get visibly upset at WRs after a play? It seemed pretty frequent to me. I'm really glad this area was addressed.

Your point is well taken and a WR coach was long over due

However Robinson and Collins both displayed plenty of aptitude for throwing to the wrong places. They both looked poorly coached and I’ll prepared most Sats. Our offensive suckage was the fault of many on the field and the sideline.

Incidentally Robinson is getting a ton of draft day press on NFL network...They show the Bosa strip sack about every 10 minutes

Eight

Your point is well taken and a WR coach was long over due

However Robinson and Collins both displayed plenty of aptitude for throwing to the wrong places. They both looked poorly coached and I’ll prepared most Sats. Our offensive suckage was the fault of many on the field and the sideline.

Incidentally Robinson is getting a ton of draft day press on NFL network...They show the Bosa strip sack about every 10 minutes

isn't this akin to the friends of a murder victim saying the vic got plenty of air time during the news broadcast lying under the sheet?