• The KillerFrogs

Possible Incoming Basketball Transfers

Moose Stuff

Ncaas could be a tough task this next season if we didn’t even make the dance this year. Bane & Noi The MAJOR wildcards of course. League appears will be similar or slightly weaker than 18-19.

Tech will be good and favored to repeat, not final four good tho and KU appears to have some huge depth issues. Texas loses 2 key Srs like us and probably Hayes.

KState losing a lot of experience and Iowa State always scrappy.

Biggest off-season yet for Dixon and the Frogs.

Tech wasn’t Final 4 good this year either and yet .....

If Beard is coaching they’ll be very good.

Punter1

Moving forward the way college basketball is turning into free agency....

...starting this year you could almost stop signing HS kids and just take grad transfers and jucos and be better off. Lots of turnover obviously, but the ceiling would be much higher. Older teams win more...

4th. down

Shoutout to Beard and Tech, gotta give it to them. A rebuilt team to start the year with 3 seniors on the starting 5 for the championship game. He is one hell of a coach to go out on those plains, recruit, and do what he did over the last 2 years. Mostly 3 & 2 star players at that. Don't believe Tech will pay what UCLA will.

4th. down

This article talks about how UCLA couldn't believe Dixon didn't work out, then says they balked at Barnes' $5mil buyout.

https://www.bruinsnation.com/ucla_b...-about-to-lose-yet-another-coaching-candidate

Oops, my bad, Beard's buy out at TT is a nice round figure of $12.3mil. Yep, that's right, and if UCLA would not pay the buyout from Tenn. @ $5mil., then Beard ain't going anywhere, plus his existing contract is $3mil + a year now, which doesn't include $750,000 in bonuses he's earned so far. Kansas, your reign is probably over as long as Beard is at TT and Jamie, you better get your head straight and get to work.

netty2424

Talk is that the staff is looking to get two bigs and one more ballhandler. I’m thinking one or two will be grad transfers. If Noi leaves we will look for another wing I’m sure. I would like to get Jenkins even if he did have to sit a year.
Unfortunately for Noi, the way his season ended up, I think it would serve him well by spending another year in college. I’d be surprised if he left at this point. Could be wrong obviously if he’s got specific reasons for needing to leave, but he’s got more work to do imo.

ShreveFrog

Oops, my bad, Beard's buy out at TT is a nice round figure of $12.3mil. Yep, that's right, and if UCLA would not pay the buyout from Tenn. @ $5mil., then Beard ain't going anywhere, plus his existing contract is $3mil + a year now, which doesn't include $750,000 in bonuses he's earned so far. Kansas, your reign is probably over as long as Beard is at TT and Jamie, you better get your head straight and get to work.

$12.3m????!!! Well hope he likes Lubbock.

Eight

$12.3m????!!! Well hope he likes Lubbock.

apparently he likes lubbock enough he quit the unlv job after one week to take the tech job.

i have a very good friend who is set on moving to the panhandle in 2 years when he retires and is at the point where he and his wife are going up to meet with realtors and starting looking for a place.

i wouldn't choose it, but some people love it out there. worked with a couple of guys who returned back there and maybe beard is a guy who prefers that lifestyle over larger areas.

Realtorfrog

I bet it increases as well as his salary in about a week! He’s not going anywhere. I’m not sure he’d leave for tx at this point. His demeanor and style fit Lubbock and W Texas.

flyfishingfrog

This article talks about how UCLA couldn't believe Dixon didn't work out, then says they balked at Barnes' $5mil buyout.

https://www.bruinsnation.com/ucla_b...-about-to-lose-yet-another-coaching-candidate
well let's be honest - they were pretty stupid if they thought they were going to get a coach with a name anyone ever heard of and not have to pony up $5mil+ for a buy out.

They never even got that far with Calipari it seems since the annual salary was less than he makes to begin with, then with Jamie they knew about it and just assumed it would go away to almost nothing and now they talk to Barnes when again they can't pay the buyout?

So they are truly just running around stirring up crap with no plan.

They need to just hire Earl Watson and hope he can finish his degree and turn the program around - he doesn't have a buy out, wants the job and loves the program - all of those seem like things UCLA should appreciate at this point.

4th. down

I bet it increases as well as his salary in about a week! He’s not going anywhere. I’m not sure he’d leave for tx at this point. His demeanor and style fit Lubbock and W Texas.

Yeah, Beard's personality wouldn't fit well in Hollywood. To go from Arkansas to Lubbock to LA, naw, won't happen, not even close.

Wexahu

Unfortunately for Noi, the way his season ended up, I think it would serve him well by spending another year in college. I’d be surprised if he left at this point. Could be wrong obviously if he’s got specific reasons for needing to leave, but he’s got more work to do imo.

Here's me being all negative again, but I agree. Up to this point in his career, if his shot isn't falling, he's a below average player. I'm not sure he does anything relatively well except shoot, and he's really a one-dimensional shooter at that. Watch those teams play last night and it really hits home how the game is so much more than shooting. He's got potential but a lot of work to do, i hope he stays.