• The KillerFrogs

Playoff Hopes

Wexahu

Yeah, the first year, our loss was to a highly ranked NY 6 bowl team. The next year, their's was to a very bad Texas team.

If OU wasn't the team that should have been picked in 2015, who should have?

Iowa? (1 loss)
Stanford? (2 losses)
Ohio State? (1 loss)
Notre Dame? (2 losses)
Florida State? (1 loss)

You're implying that OU only made it because they are a big brand. Well, OK, compare the resumes of teams 5-9 and tell me who should have made it instead of OU. You're obviously ignoring the obvious difference in the 2014 and 2015 scenarios.

Horny4TCU

Who cares. The only thing I think that really helps us, is that our ratings were so good against aOSU. They are all about the almighty dollar. And now it is clear, we are good for TV ratings. Which one of the reasons I think we got a good time slot for the Iowa St. game.

So win against UT and Iowa St. and we will have good times the rest of the season if we keep winning.

Wexahu

Who cares. The only thing I think that really helps us, is that our ratings were so good against aOSU. They are all about the almighty dollar. And now it is clear, we are good for TV ratings. Which one of the reasons I think we got a good time slot for the Iowa St. game.

So win against UT and Iowa St. and we will have good times the rest of the season if we keep winning.

I really don’t think 6:00 is considered a “good” time for TV. Fans like it because it’s a night game but an awful lot of people aren’t in front of TV sets on Saturday at 6.

GetToTheQB

Has there been a 2 loss team that has made the College Football Playoff?

If TCU wins vs Texas this weekend, the way our favorable schedule sets up, I could see us winning all our remaining games, or maybe losing one at WVU in the cold of Mid November, then turning around in two weeks and winning the Big XII championship.

Also, I am in the camp on discontinuing any more regular seasons games at Jerry's World for now, but had a GREAT time last night, like I did the 4 previous times. People need to quit complaining about this. We are a big time program now and we need to continue to grow our fan base and keep supporting our Frogs. There is a very good chance that we return to AT&T stadium this December for the Big XII championship game. Kind reminder, even though AT&T is expensive, a large swath of our fans can drive from home and drive right back home or stay at a hotel, saving the costs of car rentals, airfare, multiple expensive meals, and hotel. Stop griping and support our program next time by being there to cheer us on to victory.

This is one of the best posts I have read on this blog. Absolutely hits the nail on the head. So damn true. We complain we complain we complain. Can we fill AGC before we complain about prices at Jerry’s??

LSU Game Attendee

Am I alone in thinking knocking off OU twice is next to unpossible?
After Army knocks them out this weekend, they'll surely fold.
me-fail-english-thats-unpossible-gif-6.gif

Mean Purple

Iowa? (1 loss)
Stanford? (2 losses)
Ohio State? (1 loss)
Notre Dame? (2 losses)
Florida State? (1 loss)

You're implying that OU only made it because they are a big brand. Well, OK, compare the resumes of teams 5-9 and tell me who should have made it instead of OU. You're obviously ignoring the obvious difference in the 2014 and 2015 scenarios.
You realize Ohio State only won because we gave the game away...

Oh..and Urban covered up dv.

Mean Purple

Iowa? (1 loss)
Stanford? (2 losses)
Ohio State? (1 loss)
Notre Dame? (2 losses)
Florida State? (1 loss)

By body of work difference, you mean like losing to a dog of a Va Tech team...