• The KillerFrogs

Personal Attacks

macaroni

Good grief. I'll have everyone know that Frognosticator is both more handsome and weighs less than Steel. Steel is light haired, though. He's also light in the head.

Frognosticator is indeed handsome, but I have to admit that when I met him I was disappointed that he didn't look anything like Jimi Hendrix...

geno

Wes,

I have made my share of personal attacks but 99% of the time it is in response to a person who comes at me with an insult out of the blue. As a parent I completely understand your statement about being a referee. What is of real concern is the few people that will go out of their way to follow someone around the board. I can't think of a better term than "stalker". Wes, this should not be tolerated. These people are cowards. They use technology to hide themselves so they can be internet bullies.

I think most of the people on this board are here for sports and if they do not like someone they will just stay away from them. Unfortunately it is the few that spoil the bunch. I am not running this board but if I was these few would get a tap on the shoulder and be told to stop it.

Sincerely,

Peter, this sounds a lot like "But Mommy, he hit me first!" Not responding to "insults out of the blue" might be the best way to get control of this, right?

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
And if Tech trolls would leave the board that would cut out 99 percent of personal attacks. Seriously, some of the crap roddog puts up here is because he wants attention and conflict. I guess 12-3 and the fact TCU is worlds better than Tech with half of the resources is something he can't handle, so in his small mind this is how he defends his Tech.
WTH do you expect on boards like these? It would be nice in life if all of us could always have it both ways :wacko:
He (roddog) is the reason I figured out how to use the "Ignore" function. Now I don't see his posts, and my day is all the better for that. Except when one of you replies to his post. Please don't. Check out the Ignore function. If no one responds to him, maybe he will go away. Or he will end up playing with by himself.

TCURealtyFrog

Wes,
Funny that you started this topic because most who replied about "Personal Attacks" are the very people doing it and encouraging it, even craving it, as it appears. All we're missing a reply from on this thread is GDU. The personal attacks are a last resort against people like him, Roddog and 2314 because frankly, most people get tired of their know-it-all posts and just irritating comments that are made for no other reason than to piss people off. I've even met 2314 and he's nice enough in person but his posts wear some people out.

I've been a KFC poster and follower since 1998 or 1999 and I still enjoy reading the quality posts, healthy debates and information but the other stuff has really taken away from the experience of KFC. I love the site but I wish there was a way that those I named and a few others, would just stop with their know it all stuff and contribute in a more informative, less antagonistic manner.

purpledawg

He (roddog) is the reason I figured out how to use the "Ignore" function. Now I don't see his posts, and my day is all the better for that. Except when one of you replies to his post. Please don't. Check out the Ignore function. If no one responds to him, maybe he will go away. Or he will end up playing with by himself.

It's interesting to me that the ignore function works for ignoring some members, but not for others. I understand things are moving in the direction of getting this fixed, though.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Lets just be respectful of each other and as the great Rodney King once said "can't we all just get along?"

rodney-king.jpg

PonyHater

All we're missing a reply from on this thread is GDU. The personal attacks are a last resort against people like him, Roddog and 2314 because frankly, most people get tired of their know-it-all posts and just irritating comments that are made for no other reason than to piss people off.

[... ] stop with their know it all stuff and contribute in a more informative, less antagonistic manner.

Amen.

Tom Brown

if you cant take my posts then put me on ignore, if you want to make a rubuttle then go ahead, just stop being a mental midget and resorting to 3rd grade name calling and saying 12-3 bc thats all you really got :rolleyes:

Mental midget?

Rubuttle?

Wreck'em Tech!