• The KillerFrogs

Patterson says Sark 'fires me up'

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

In first extended interview, Gary Patterson talks up new role at Texas: 'Sark fires me up'

sports.yahoo.com.ico
Yahoo! Sports

In his first extended comments since joining UT, Patterson expressed genuine excitement about what the Longhorns have for the upcoming season.

Froggy Style

Enough to spend time modifying your defense to work? Looks like you’re still working on crappy music…and the music is trending from bad to worse too.

Dogfrog

Let’s be honest, he pretty much always has been. He was just ours and since he won, we all ignored it.
I disagree. I like him. I think people have the delusional expectation that after we fired him he’d just retire and show up around Fort Worth in a purple blazer being a TCU good will ambassador until he dies. Truth is we owe him much more than he owes us. And to be clear, it was absolutely time for him to go.

Pharm Frog

I disagree. I like him. I think people have the delusional expectation that after we fired him he’d just retire and show up around Fort Worth in a purple blazer being a TCU good will ambassador until he dies. Truth is we owe him much more than he owes us. And to be clear, it was absolutely time for him to go.
TCU owes him nothing. Nada. All debts fully paid with interest. And yes…it was time for him to go a few years ago.

Virginia Frog

Disagree on that point. We gave him the HC job (a semi-non certain move in '99) and room (time and $) to grow the program (and we looked away when his D's during the last two years truly blew!). He deserves kudos (and the fat paychecks he got and continue to receive) that's all.

No, he shouldn't have been a TCU ambassador if he wasn't feeling it. But he didn't have to dis the Frog tribe by cosying up to UT nation (for virtually no money-after taxes) because he was b*tthurt.

I still want him to get another job - outside the XII - and get to 200Ws. He can then retire - but there's no need for him to "come back" to T.C.U. at any future point. He spoiled THAT!

Pharm Frog

Perfect example of the delusion. We paid him $6M per year? He was responsible for moving us from wandering around in the desert to the B12 and the what, $40M per year? annual payoff.
So a development officer who brings in $5M annually is owed $5M annually? Okay…and that’s without even debating whether “he was responsible”.

Dogfrog

Disagree on that point. We gave him the HC job (a semi-non certain move in '99) and room (time and $) to grow the program (and we looked away when his D's during the last two years truly blew!). He deserves kudos (and the fat paychecks he got and continue to receive), that's all.

No, he shouldn't have been a TCU ambassador if he wasn't feeling it. But he didn't have to dis the Frog tribe by cosying up to UT nation (for virtually no money-after taxes) because he was b*tthurt.

I still want him to get another job - outside the XII - and get to 200Ws. He can then retire - but there's no need for him to "come back" to T.C.U. at any future point. He spoiled THAT!
He owes us because we hired him? We also hired Fred Taylor, Billy Tohill, FA Dry, Wacker, Sullivan, and Franchione (who won and immediately left). We don’t own Patterson. He can work wherever he wants.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Tbh I never found him to be that likable. Most super driven, single focus people aren’t.