• The KillerFrogs

Patterson Needs an Invite to the Championship game (on TCU dime)

bbell

I don’t think we need the distraction, Also I think Sonny should be ask even if they were going to do it. It’s his team if he thinks it’s a bad idea then definitely not.
Agreed about Sonny signing off and not wanting the distraction. I am just talking about him attending the game. Not anywhere close to team or staff.

WIN

Not around for Wacker so don’t know first hand how comparable that is to GP, but I will go out on a limb and say that GP was more important to the program.
Was not trying to compare the importance just saying that the scars can last for decades.

AroundWorldFrog

NO

This season is an indictment, trial, conviction and sentencing on his ego which kept us from ever getting to this point.

Never forget that he thought he was untouchable and bigger than TCU.

Let him watch it at the Drover with Taylor Sheridan.
Taylor seems to be his new ego boost. Or maybe Kelsey's.

Metropolis777

Precisely
He dismantled so much goodwill in the last 5 years he was here.

They say you never want to be the coach after the legend. You want to be the 2nd coach after the legend. From day 1, I felt like Sonny was the 2nd coach after the legend. The legend was here from 2001-2015. He left and was replaced by an egomaniacal lunatic from 2016-2021. Then Sonny arrived.

BleedNPurple

I already said this but I’d like to see him on the sideline with the team for the last 2 minutes as we win the Natty. That will bring the Patterson era full circle and honor our former teams and players and bring us into the new era.

Gary has zero to do with what this team has achieved….
So you think Dykes and his new staff could have gone to most P5 schools and put that team in this national championship game in his first year; that what he inherited at TCU had nothing to do with this success? Dykes could pick up and leave with this staff and repeat this again next year at most schools? Saban would be impressed.

Dykes and his staff did an incredible job and he deservedly won Coach of the Year, but I think he gives Patterson some credit for what was in place.

Last edited:

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
No Way Friday GIF

Latest posts