• The KillerFrogs

Passing game woes may not all be on KH, receivers, or Cumbie

Moose Stuff

Its pretty apparent that KH either lost his confidence or has regressed with his accurancy. He's missing wide open recievers consisitantly. But in general, he's not forcing it so less turnovers. The game plan is also super conservative. I just wish it was a little more creative. Run, run, bad pass, punt is comically predictable. Throw in a tunnel screen or Turpin sweep every three series and thats what the last 2 games have been.

He almost set a school record for consecutive completions on Saturday.

W

Way of the Frog

OK - This may not be popular are even right, but here is one thing to consider when looking at our passing game problems. The two guys who ran our GOD AWFUL offense just a few years ago are now the two receiver coaches......... Just saying!

So if I apply your logic, the person who wrote this dumbass post is a..............

W

Way of the Frog

Many of our offensive "woes", both passing and running, are connected to the Patrick Morris injury.
We urgently need him back at center.

I really want to read your explanation about how Morris being out is killing our passing game?

W

Way of the Frog

It looked to me like we dumbed down the offensive play calling so KH wouldn't throw interception.

I wonder if we could apply a similar "dumbing down" technology to avoid this type of post on the site?

Something similar to this would be invaluable if it could cull the dumbass factor of our fanbase.

th

hindry

Its pretty apparent that KH either lost his confidence or has regressed with his accurancy. He's missing wide open recievers consisitantly. But in general, he's not forcing it so less turnovers. The game plan is also super conservative. I just wish it was a little more creative. Run, run, bad pass, punt is comically predictable. Throw in a tunnel screen or Turpin sweep every three series and thats what the last 2 games have been.
u really y got to get into KH's head.he played well 1st qtr but a couple of overthrown balls and you can see his whole passing game collapses.If boykin got behind the chains, he amped up KH just ain't as good facing duress.

Completion % is a fairly misleading statistic, yards per attempt and TD/INT ratio are far more relevant IMO. I have no idea where KH stands in those categories, but simply completing a high percentage of passes doesn't mean much if they aren't generating yards, first downs and points.

The Frogs are 8-1 for Pete’s sake. Wherever KH stands on whatever data point you like is clearly sufficient. The evidence is in after nine games.

Wexahu

The Frogs are 8-1 for Pete’s sake. Wherever KH stands on whatever data point you like is clearly sufficient. The evidence is in after nine games.

Yep, I get it, but I don't think people being a little dissatisfied, or worried, or whatever you want to call it about our offense are off base. We've scored 24 points in our last 24 possessions that weren't end of half/game kill the clock situations. That obviously needs to change dramatically really soon, I think it will.

I think Morris doesn’t get the respect he deserves. I’m not sure how much his absence has had but we haven’t been as dynamic in the run game since he’s been out. I believe it could be many factors but I still think Morris goes very under appreciated.

Moose Stuff

Completion % is a fairly misleading statistic, yards per attempt and TD/INT ratio are far more relevant IMO. I have no idea where KH stands in those categories, but simply completing a high percentage of passes doesn't mean much if they aren't generating yards, first downs and points.

It does speak to his accuracy though. And that’s what was being commented on.

Latest posts