1. The KillerFrogs

Overall coaching thread...

Discussion in 'Scott Nix Frog Fan Forum' started by Chongo94, Oct 20, 2019.

1. And if he does this I’ll give him exactly ONE game (maybe one half) for it to work before I flood this board with “it’s time for Gary to go” posts all fall.

LawFrog504 and Salfrog like this.
  2. Kinda feel like this is the way it might go as well.

3. Lindsay Westbrook would be my choice.

4. What does she know about the air raid?

5. What were his ties to Fuente, Meacham, and Cumbie before he brought them in?

6. No ties. People on here just make ship up to sound cool and smart. But they have ship for brains.

7. I'll take Schlossnagle and then Saarloos.

8. Wow, that’s great. So exciting.

9. We all want the Horned Frogs to win, but for a smart guy you’re sounding ridiculous.

10. Yep. I think you’re exactly right. His mentality is “this ain’t our first rodeo. I’ve been good with these processes and these coaches before, so we’ll obviously be good again. Just gotta grow kids up.”

Problem is he’s sticking to what used to work with assistant coaches that are stale and out of touch. Meanwhile other programs are adapting and innovating.

Sigh

cctcu, Salfrog and Raw Frog like this.
  11. Not true...There’s a difference in hiring a position coach than a coordinator...Fuente spent 3 years as a RB coach before becoming our OC...Meachum and Cumbie have both been around a TT and OSU and GP knew both of them. Meachum more than Cumbie..But hey you keep spouting your idiocy all you want..

Salfrog likes this.
  12. Knew both of them. Strong ties. I guess you showed me, buddy.

Hemingway likes this.
  13. Believe what you want...

14. We all love what GP has done for this program & the University as a whole. That said we are on the brink of losing all the positive progress that has been made over the past 15 yrs or so! All too often Universities allow their “legendary” HC to hang around when it is rather obvious its time for a change. That change very well be a major shake up of Asst Coaches or the HC himself. When the trend line is poor and there is no change in sight the AD must step in and see that the necessary changes are made. TCU doesn’t need TENURED FOOTBALL COACHES!!
    With all the issues they had to deal with how the heck did Baylor’s football program even survive let alone surpass TCU’s. Comparing the current state of these two programs is absolute proof of failure at TCU!

cctcu, Raw Frog and Salfrog like this.
  15. [​IMG]

16. Will do. I don’t believe in fairy tales.

Froggish likes this.
  17. Please stop.

Boomhauer, Salfrog and netty2424 like this.
  18. How does the offense match up?

Boomhauer likes this.
  19. When there is so much hype before the season starts about the quality players on the team and how this is going to be GP's best defense in a long time, especially the secondary, and we have a really good O line and an All-American type receiver and quality running backs, and then we start looking like crap as the season goes on, offense moving in circles, defense porous, this has to be on the coaching staff, and that starts with the head coach. They either can't coach as well as should be, or they've lost the team's focus, in other words, the players don't trust the coaches at the moment. Things could change, maybe, but things within the coaching staff is going to have to change first. There has to be a whole lot better organization than what's being shown on the field right now. The team is just not now showing any motivation right now. Coaching?

Salfrog and Chongo94 like this.