• The KillerFrogs

Outgoing Astros owner gives $5 million to Dallas Baptist

TCU2002

Interesting development on the DFW baseball scene. Dallas Baptist wants to be a player and be in a position to host regionals. Good for them.

http://www.chron.com/sports/college/article/Astros-owner-McLane-gives-5-million-to-Dallas-2137930.php

FROGDADDY

Interesting development on the DFW baseball scene. Dallas Baptist wants to be a player and be in a position to host regionals. Good for them.

http://www.chron.com/sports/college/article/Astros-owner-McLane-gives-5-million-to-Dallas-2137930.php

Agree. Good for them. Good people over there.

An-Cap Frog

That's great for DBU. They have great program and really don't have a conference to play in. I kind of wish that the Big East would extend them a baseball only membership.

FrogAbroad

Isn't/Wasn't he rumored to be a significant contributor to the BU athletic fund later this year? As in, multiple millions for a football stadium?

leofrog

That's great for DBU. They have great program and really don't have a conference to play in. I kind of wish that the Big East would extend them a baseball only membership.
At one point they were scheduled to join the Missouri Valley Conference in baseball only this upcoming season. I don't know if that is still the plan. If so, it is a good move for them.

froginaustin

Isn't/Wasn't he rumored to be a significant contributor to the BU athletic fund later this year? As in, multiple millions for a football stadium?

McLane used to be a big-dollar Baylor contributor, but according to baylorfans.com he was on their Board of Regents and in line to become its chairman, but was denied the chairmanship by political maneuvering by Baylor's former president Sloan. McLane apparently left in a huff, and made no significant contributions to Baylor since. So goes the story.

That doesn't stop a hoard of bf.com posters from fantasizing about McLane funding a new stadium for Baylor. Even one with a retractable roof like a pro stadium.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
At one point they were scheduled to join the Missouri Valley Conference in baseball only this upcoming season. I don't know if that is still the plan. If so, it is a good move for them.

They start as a provisional MVC member (full schedule but not listed in standings or playing in the conf tourney) in '12. After that, the MVC will vote on full acceptance.