• The KillerFrogs

OU: We are not going to sit and wait for UT to tell us what to do

asleep003

Would really be surprised if OU went to B-10... they want that NY or NJ viewership market I would think... though OU does get a National following. But in down years, you want the TV sets and Oklahoma does have to share some of their smaller market... while Rutgers and Syracuse do not have that issue with their larger TV markets. It'll be interesting.

Have this funny feeling that they could end up in the Big East, as they are interested in winning Championships(per Stoops). Their chances of that are greater in the BE than the SEC.... so let's not totally count them out of the BE equation for now. The BE is a very soft landing for several nice programs... with it's already very promising contract renewal without any additions. Again, no reason for WVU to leave for ACC... and those several dozen TV sets in the state, probably won't be attractive enough for the SEC.

Cheers !

WIN

Would really be surprised if OU went to B-10... they want that NY or NJ viewership market I would think... though OU does get a National following. But in down years, you want the TV sets and Oklahoma does have to share some of their smaller market... while Rutgers and Syracuse do not have that issue with their larger TV markets. It'll be interesting.

Have this funny feeling that they could end up in the Big East, as they are interested in winning Championships(per Stoops). Their chances of that are greater in the BE than the SEC.... so let's not totally count them out of the BE equation for now. The BE is a very soft landing for several nice programs... with it's already very promising contract renewal without any additions. Again, no reason for WVU to leave for ACC... and those several dozen TV sets in the state, probably won't be attractive enough for the SEC.

Cheers !

Never thought of ou in big east, but I like the idea. Would rather have them than any other program. I like that they have played us and their gameday atmosphere. Would be a culture shock to some in big east.

SoonerBredCD

Cheers !

wacko.gif

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
The only reason Oklahoma has been quiet thus far is because they're waiting to see how all this will play out, while at the same time working on that exit strategy to the Pac. And if all else fails, I'm sure the Big10 would be more than happy to bring them in. If the SEC goes to 14, why shouldn't they respond? The bottom line is, Oklahoma has options. All they have to do is bide their time.

I must be reading that wrong.

It looks like you're suggesting OU could end up in the Big 10.

That'll happen right after Rush Limbaugh and Oprah Winfrey announce the birth of their love child.....

Latest posts