• The KillerFrogs

OU: We are not going to sit and wait for UT to tell us what to do

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Anyone who thinks there is life left in the Big xii-3 isn't paying attention. OU has been quiet but Stoops today re-affirmed that the admin is working on a solution and that they know there is plenty of value associated with the program.

Its going to get ugly.

anom

As much as I can't wait for the big 12 to be no more, that really could go a few ways. Could mean the rest of the conference is not going to wait for what UT says about new teams being invited to the conference.

Or the obvious choice of OU is searching now to leave before the building falls on top of everyone

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
Anyone who thinks there is life left in the Big xii-3 isn't paying attention. OU has been quiet but Stoops today re-affirmed that the admin is working on a solution and that they know there is plenty of value associated with the program.

Its going to get ugly.

According to Chip Brown (FWIW), Ou's been having problems lining a media partner for its own network. Which could definitely send them into the waiting arms of Larry Scott. If that happens, say goodbye to the Big Whatevers-Left.

2314@work

Contributor

Its going to get ugly.
link? Or did he tell you personally?
BTW, I agree with all of the above.

Raw Frog

Is there any chance that OU would get an offer from the SEC, even though it would not be evenly divided at the present time? (Assuming A&M does get invite)

TCUdirtbag

I'm sure Larry Scott and OU had a nice chat today. The question is who else would go with OU, and does the Pac want 14 or 16, and is there a scenario where the conference will agree to take Texas Tech.

mrnicefrog

I don't think OU goes to the SEC for a number of reasons. Mainly OU isn't in Texas, (recruiting, TV,ect) so SEC isn't as interested and they sure wouldn't want Okie Lite either.

But I do think the Pac12 would LOVE to have OU, and would take Okie Lite to get them.

roddog

Banned
I don't think OU goes to the SEC for a number of reasons. Mainly OU isn't in Texas, (recruiting, TV,ect) so SEC isn't as interested and they sure wouldn't want Okie Lite either.

But I do think the Pac12 would LOVE to have OU, and would take Okie Lite to get them.

you do know that ou was invited to join the sec last year dont you?

I'm betting if Big 12 breaks up OU will go to the Big 10.

Who knows how this will all turn out....UT is still powerful, OU is powerful....who knows who they could lure in the Big 12.

I will wait and see what smoke comes from all of this before thinking Big 12 is sinking or dead.

Cougar/Frog

OU and Okie State played it close to the vest last summer, but later came out to say how disappointed they were that it exploded. OU and Okie State are still jonesing for the PAC-XX.

Tech only gets into the Pac-XX with Texas. Baylor better keeping Craig Thompson's number on speed dial along with Iowa State.

Now Texas could get Indy (giving the LHN lots of games) and Baylor, Tech, and Iowa State would likely be left because they have no other options (KU and K State to Big East, Mizzo to SEC or Big East or maybe B1G). In that case, they would still have AQ status (maybe) and a lot of NCAA BB credits to dangle in front of the best of CUSA and MWC and a few bowl tie-ins (for a little while). The new Big 12 could expand back to 14 or 16 and it would be an ACC/Big East quality conference with a pretty large footprint.

Genbukan

you do know that ou was invited to join the sec last year dont you?

SEC would like OU. The issue is that OU doesn't want SEC.

Ideally OU would like its own network just like Texas. But short of that (and I've heard reports that the idea isn't garnering the level of support OU thought it would) they'll head west to the PAC. Barry Tramel was on GAC last week and basically said if (when)the longwhorn conference implodes the sooners will head west.

Stiff Arm Frog

OU is the perfect candidate to accompany the Aggies to the SEC, but the Sooners don't want to go to the SEC. They want to go to the Pac12.

The only reason Oklahoma has been quiet thus far is because they're waiting to see how all this will play out, while at the same time working on that exit strategy to the Pac. And if all else fails, I'm sure the Big10 would be more than happy to bring them in. If the SEC goes to 14, why shouldn't they respond? The bottom line is, Oklahoma has options. All they have to do is bide their time.

Wish I could say the same for TCU. If the Big East gets cannibalized, I don't know what will happen. Ah well, things could be worse. We could be Baylor. :laugh:

Gunner

Pac 10 would be idiots to take OU. OU would dominate them 'til the cows come home.

I just don't see OU leaving Texas. This was gospel during the whole Aggie dilema last year. What has happened to change that? Sure they are upset and don't like the uncertainty, but go to the Pac 10, I'll believe that when it happens.

This will go on forever as SEC looks for a match for Ag inclusion. Just hope it is not West Virginia and I don't think it will be.

If Texas goes after BYU and maybe TCU(I hope not), then they might be able to keep the 12 together. BYU just whipped OU recently, so the quality would probably be better than with the Aggies. But if they added TCU too, then you would have a pretty stout conference.

Not sure TCU could be lured into the mess, but I pray they don't get in a deal with the devil welfare Texas.

I believe our AD is right that TCU is in a strong position now, best team in Texas, etc.

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
Kirk Bohls about 10:40 p.m. is cited in the LSU expansion threads index linked here in another thread that UT is praying for OU to go ahead and pull the trigger on the "Pac-Lots Conference".UT then can jump there too, and have political cover for implosion of the Big 12,-2,-1,-whatever. This fits what others say in this thread, except Bohls is no FFF civilian or Chip Brown Dodds suck-up, and carries weight with this type of op-ed piece. He said he expects it "in hours or days" at the most.

Gotta go to BF Board to see if they have yet clued into this latest wrinkle which bodes them no good.

They cite this is only Bohl's opinion (as he himself said) and then they attack Bohl's as a tool who should have no opinion, really.

Latest posts