• The KillerFrogs

OU game is 11:00 kickoff

Ron Swanson

I actually like them.

I also do not have kids and have very few real responsibilities on weekends.
In order to make it easier on my wife when I go to TCU games, I generally drive up from Houston early on Saturday morning instead of leaving her with the kid for the entire weekend. I have been planning on going to the OU game for a while, but now I’ll have to leave Friday night, which always makes the “ask” a little tougher.

I’m going either way, but now it’s a whole weekend trip instead of just being gone for a day.

Boomhauer

1998......lost 10-9

Had an Int to seal it and our defender fumbled it back to give OU one more chance....they then kicked fg to win

Brutal ending. If I remember correctly we led 9-0 most of the game until the last 2min or so. Was my freshman year at TCU and that was the first TCU football game I ever went to.

Virginia Frog

Normally I would hate this, but I think this actually works into our favor. Oklahoma seems to struggle a lot at 11 a.m...just look at last Saturday for an example.

I think they will be more prone to come out sluggish than we will.
Agree.

Works for me. That night I have a party that I need to go to and would've had to fib my way out-of if was a night game.

If OU's boys hadn't spotted UTx so many points and gave away a W, I believe this game would have been higher-up in the network pecking order.

Hey it's on NETWORK TV again. That's good for TCU exposure. I have to go to my gym to see cable games, I ditched the cable when I went overseas for a month and Comcast wouldn't give a 32-year subscriber any credit or consideration.

Last edited:

Virginia Frog

[ steaming pile of Orgeron ]. Now I have to go to my SIL's 31st birthday party at Joe Ts. I was hoping the game would coincide.
Is it that you don't like your SIL or JoeT's? (or both.)

Isn't there a Texas law that there are to be no weddings on Fall Saturdays ? Maybe they ought to outlaw births from Sept to Dec so there won't be any b-day parties to conflict with a game. (Buds, that means no sex from Jan to April every year, nevermind!)

Last edited:

PurpleBlood87

1998......lost 10-9

Had an Int to seal it and our defender fumbled it back to give OU one more chance....they then kicked fg to win

Had a pair of touchdown runs called back for out of bounds when clearly on TV the runner was in bounds. Also idiot OU fans ran on the field after the game acted like they were urinating on the midfield logo.

Isn't there a Texas law that there are to be no weddings on Fall Saturdays ? Maybe they ought to outlaw births from Sept to Dec so there won't be any b-day parties to conflict with a game. (Buds, that means no sex from Jan to April every year, nevermind!)

Both. She makes a big production of it and there's no need to celebrate every year with a big dinner with 50 of your closest friends. The worst is having to take about 50 pictures in front of a damn fountain in the middle of the patio like we're a bunch of damn tourists going there for the first time.

My wife's birthday is in October as well but she was smart enough to be born on a bye week.

Pharm Frog

I have it on good authority that there are pills, injectables, surgical procedures, and some devices that will eliminate the need to refrain from sex during those months.

Eight

Agree.

Works for me. That night I have a party that I need to go to and would've had to fib my way out-of if was a night game.

If OU's boys hadn't spotted UTx so many points and gave away a W, I believe this game would have been higher-up in the network pecking order.

Hey it's on NETWORK TV again. That's good for TCU exposure. I have to go to my gym to see cable games, I ditched the cable when I went overseas for a month and Comcast wouldn't give a 32-year subscriber any credit or consideration.

it has been a long time since i have been to virginia and i won't say i have been everywhere in the state, but do they not have bars where you live?

froglash88

People that get married during college football season are the worst!
One of the best posts on KF.c was the 2nd response to someone trying to plan a wedding during the college football season. They didn’t want the wedding to conflict with TCU football and asked if anyone had information about the schedule for the upcoming season.

The 1st response was: Don’t get married during college football season!

2nd response: 4 words too many