• The KillerFrogs

OT: YouTubeTV is losing ESPN

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Screw ESPN, and their stinking parental overlords, Disney.

I saw that banner across the bottom of the screen from time to time last night, between the interminable commercials. Thought about it, found that I didn't give a ripe crap, and turned off the TV to go and read a book.

allclearforfrogs

They have until the playoffs to get it back on. Otherwise I am cancelling my subscription. I don't need it as much during the offseason anyways. If YouTube is demanding the same rate for ESPN from Disney as they get with all other channels that's going to be tough. A big reason a lot of people even have streaming services is for live sports and Disney knows this. I don't know if that's what's going on but it's probably something along those lines.

Double V

Screw ESPN, and their stinking parental overlords, Disney.

I saw that banner across the bottom of the screen from time to time last night, between the interminable commercials. Thought about it, found that I didn't give a ripe crap, and turned off the TV to go and read a book.
And then continued to pay your monthly bill...you REALLY showed them!

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
I've been without a TV streaming service all year since Playstation Vue went offline at the end of 2020; I really haven't felt like I've missed much. For Frog Football I've been listening to Estridge, Denton, and Burdine for the away games this season. On Sunday, I watch the "replay" on YouTube (someone always has the video up by the end of the weekend) or if it wasn't an exciting game—like most of them this year—I'll just watch the official Big XII highlights. At this point, most of the other streaming services we use (Prime, HBO Max, Netflix, Spotify, Hulu, etc.) are all part of other services we already pay for (Amazon, phone, internet, business phone plan, etc.) so the only service I pay out of pocket for is Disney+. Since I've been taking a hiatus from the stupidity that has become the NBA, NFL, and MLB I haven't felt the need to find another TV streaming service.

hiphopfroggy

Google is no angel obviously, but this is on Disney as they are trying to jack up the rates they charge YouTubeTV in an attempt to get YouTubeTV subscribers to cancel and switch to Hulu Live which they own. Hulu Live and Youtube TV are competitors and Hulu Live sucks ass. FuboTV or Sling if ending up needing to switch.

I've been without a TV streaming service all year since Playstation Vue went offline at the end of 2020; I really haven't felt like I've missed much. For Frog Football I've been listening to Estridge, Denton, and Burdine for the away games this season. On Sunday, I watch the "replay" on YouTube (someone always has the video up by the end of the weekend) or if it wasn't an exciting game—like most of them this year—I'll just watch the official Big XII highlights. At this point, most of the other streaming services we use (Prime, HBO Max, Netflix, Spotify, Hulu, etc.) are all part of other services we already pay for (Amazon, phone, internet, business phone plan, etc.) so the only service I pay out of pocket for is Disney+. Since I've been taking a hiatus from the stupidity that has become the NBA, NFL, and MLB I haven't felt the need to find another TV streaming service.

Vue was the GOAT. Still can't figure out how they couldn't either make it profitable or sell it. All other streaming services are a step or 3 below what Vue produced. I moved to YTTV after Vue [ Finebaum ] down but cancelled after 6 month. For the last year I've been doing HULU (which sucks) and D-Stream for Balleys. Dstream was AT&T Now until a few months ago. My only complaint is no rewind and pause lasts 2 minutes.

Moose Stuff

They have until the playoffs to get it back on. Otherwise I am cancelling my subscription. I don't need it as much during the offseason anyways. If YouTube is demanding the same rate for ESPN from Disney as they get with all other channels that's going to be tough. A big reason a lot of people even have streaming services is for live sports and Disney knows this. I don't know if that's what's going on but it's probably something along those lines.
I’m giving them about a week and then I’m joining Top on Hulu Live.

HToady

So I have an ATT Direct TV bundle which includes 3 phone lines and moslty sports package emphasis on (ESPN and Fox) 5 TVs. It's all in excess of $400 /mo. I have streaming that I share with others that include Disney+, HBO Max, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Paramount +. But I only have a firestick on 2 of the 5 TVs. The streaming not included in that amount.

Almost to the point where I am watching or can watching almost exclusive streaming. How can I cut this bill in half? It' just too complicated to figure out.......

Wexahu

Google is no angel obviously, but this is on Disney as they are trying to jack up the rates they charge YouTubeTV in an attempt to get YouTubeTV subscribers to cancel and switch to Hulu Live which they own. Hulu Live and Youtube TV are competitors and Hulu Live sucks ass. FuboTV or Sling if ending up needing to switch.
YouTube is reducing their rate by $15/month, effective immediately, and until they work something out.

Wexahu

So I have an ATT Direct TV bundle which includes 3 phone lines and moslty sports package emphasis on (ESPN and Fox) 5 TVs. It's all in excess of $400 /mo. I have streaming that I share with others that include Disney+, HBO Max, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Paramount +. But I only have a firestick on 2 of the 5 TVs. The streaming not included in that amount.

Almost to the point where I am watching or can watching almost exclusive streaming. How can I cut this bill in half? It' just too complicated to figure out.......
You could easily cut that in half. Probably by 2/3. Just subscribe to a streaming service and throw all your Directv equipment in the garbage (or return what they want you to return). You’ll need a device for each tv but that’ll be about $100 total for the 3 you need.

$400/month is nuts.

Eight

for the name of all things good and holy what the scheiss?

Eight

as the mouse owns hulu how is this not some sort of monopoly situation where the mouse isn't negotiating in good faith knowing that if their channels get pulled from youtube that a number of people will go to the streaming option they own?

All programming contracts have a "most favored nation" clause in their contracts which means the lowest price contract goes for all contracts. They have channel placement clauses. length and many other negotiated items. More than likely this is not a price issue but over those other items.

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
How does Hulu suck? Not attacking your opinion, just curious. I’ve had it for years and I’ve been fine with it. But maybe I’m missing something.

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
Don’t know if the fact that starting on the 21st both ESPN+ and Disney+ are lumped in with the Hulu Live plan is related to YouTube losing Disney/ABC.