• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

tcudoc

Just watched a best picture winner from 1988 - "The Last Emperor".

Pretty good flick.
They had two prequels for that movie called “The Penultimate Emperor” and “The Antepenultimate Emperor.” Due to lack of vocabulary skills in our population, the movies went largely unseen because no one knew they were prequels.

*before you comment that I am incorrect, please realize that this is a joke that only myself and (maybe) one other person will laugh at. I accept that fate.

They had two prequels for that movie called “The Penultimate Emperor” and “The Antepenultimate Emperor.” Due to lack of vocabulary skills in our population, the movies went largely unseen because no one knew they were prequels.

*before you comment that I am incorrect, please realize that this is a joke that only myself and (maybe) one other person will laugh at. I accept that fate.
How did you get from English major to med school?

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse

Should’ve let them out themselves

ShadowFrog

Moderators

New (recreational) Rx kicking in?

Antepenultimate! I just learned a new word to annoy my wife with.

To whoever recommended Hell or High Water, Thanks! It was great!

Has anyone watched The Tourist? About a guy who is run off the road by a tractor trailer and loses his memory and tries to find out who he is.

I recommend that one.

tetonfrog

If you can find it, I ordered mine off Amazon, I strongly recommend the classic "To Live and Die in LA." William Friedkin directed it and it was William Petersen's first starring role. Willem DeFoe is the bad guy printing off counterfeit money and John Turturro also stars in it. Great car chase and the ending is intense.

I know The French Connection and The Exorcist are Friedkin's biggest hits, but this is his best movie IMO. The soundtrack is great, too. Wang Chung at its finest!