• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Ron Swanson

Dune was very meh. Looks great. Sounds great, but it was just meh
I thought the 2021 Dune was pretty damn good. I’m not a big Sci-Fi guy, so I don’t have real strong opinions on some things that sci-fi guys probably do. Just thought it was well done and entertaining.

I’m actually rewatching it now because I don’t remember sh*t from when I first watched it a couple years ago.

JugbandFrog

I thought the 2021 Dune was pretty damn good. I’m not a big Sci-Fi guy, so I don’t have real strong opinions on some things that sci-fi guys probably do. Just thought it was well done and entertaining.

I’m actually rewatching it now because I don’t remember sh*t from when I first watched it a couple years ago.
I really liked that one as well. This one moved too fast for things to make any real sense. It was a lot to cover. I feel like this whole first book should have been three movies.

Chongo94

Anyone seen Obliterated on Netflix? I thought it was a movie but turns out it’s a series. It’s dumb, very dumb, but also dumb fun.

It’s the type of show you can watch after a long day and not have to focus much, if at all, on it but still enjoy a laugh or two.

tcudoc

I watched a movie called Whiplash last night. I enjoyed it because I am really into drums. It’s a bit of a weird movie about a kid at a competitive music school. If you don’t love music and drums, it’s likely not the movie for you.
Started watching The Bear on Hulu. About 5 episodes in. Seems good so far. I worked in a restaurant for 10 years (cook, waiter, bartender), so I can relate to it a bit.

What Up Toad

I watched a movie called Whiplash last night. I enjoyed it because I am really into drums. It’s a bit of a weird movie about a kid at a competitive music school. If you don’t love music and drums, it’s likely not the movie for you.
Started watching The Bear on Hulu. About 5 episodes in. Seems good so far. I worked in a restaurant for 10 years (cook, waiter, bartender), so I can relate to it a bit.

Whiplash is great. The director had originally wanted to do a different movie, but couldn't get anyone to produce it.

After Whiplash's success, he was able to get his original project, La La Land, produced.

What Up Toad

I really liked that one as well. This one moved too fast for things to make any real sense. It was a lot to cover. I feel like this whole first book should have been three movies.
I liked the second one, but I agree; definitely could've been fleshed out more. I think I read that the 2nd film wasn't guaranteed, and he needed the first one to do well to get the 2nd funded.

I think his goal is to have the 2nd book be the 3rd movie, but I don't believe it's been approved.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
I liked the second one, but I agree; definitely could've been fleshed out more. I think I read that the 2nd film wasn't guaranteed, and he needed the first one to do well to get the 2nd funded.

I think his goal is to have the 2nd book be the 3rd movie, but I don't believe it's been approved.
Considering that the thing is at $81M domestically and $178M worldwide on the premier the studio probably should green light today

jack the frog

Mentioned before, you might like The Wrecking Crew on Prime. A documentary that covers many famous west coast studio musicians of the 60’s through the 80’s.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Considering that the thing is at $81M domestically and $178M worldwide on the premier the studio probably should green light today
Things get weird, weirder, and weirder still as the books go on. While the original book was a basic Hero's Journey with some interesting additions, the further books deal with the politics of a messiah, and the harsh realities thereof. They are not a pleasant journey, and I don't think audiences will relate to such adaptations at all.