• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

tcudoc

I felt like they really wasted Chris Elliott’s talent on the show. He’s a great comedic talent and his character was just not that great. It’s like he was an afterthought in the writing.
I enjoyed a lot of the characters. There was the one guy that played a bit part but always entered the scene exactly the same. Forgot the character’s name. I think he owned the car repair place or something and eventually rented out space for an office for Levy’s character. Moira’s eccentric vocabulary was of particular interest to me because I’m kind of a word nerd. One time she used the phrase “pony-tailed lothario” which I found to be pretty funny.
Overall, a pretty good show but, at times, seemed to fall short of its potential.

Last edited:

Ron Swanson

I felt like they really wasted Chris Elliott’s talent on the show. He’s a great comedic talent and his character was just not that great. It’s like he was an afterthought in the writing.
I enjoyed a lot of the characters. There was the one guy that played a bit part but always entered the scene exactly the same. Forgot the character’s name. I think he owned the car repair place or something and eventually rented out space for an office for Levy’s character. Moira’s eccentric vocabulary was of particular interest to me because I’m kind of a word nerd. One time used the phrase “pony-tailed lothario” which I found to be pretty funny.
Overall, a pretty good show but, at times, seemed to fall short of its potential.
Pretty sure the character’s name was Bob and he always entered the scene doing a funny little jog. One of my favorite bits.

Wish I hadn't read that "Ted Lasso" is ending after these next two episodes.

It needs to end and the ending of the episode that dropped last night is exactly why. I love the show and it tells a great story but at the end of the day Ted needs Henry and his ex and Dr Jake aren't moving across the pond. Last night's episode told us why it will end. Next week we'll find out how.

PurpleBlood87

It needs to end and the ending of the episode that dropped last night is exactly why. I love the show and it tells a great story but at the end of the day Ted needs Henry and his ex and Dr Jake aren't moving across the pond. Last night's episode told us why it will end. Next week we'll find out how.
Watching it now.
The names of their plays are awesome.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
I finally caved and just watched Succession from the beginning. I'm just shaking my head the whole time. I don't give a crap about any of these characters. They're completely without any redeeming qualities. And the dialog is way too convoluted for me. Just speak plain English, for Pete's sake. And why the heck is Greg necessary?
C-
Thank gawd it is over.

JugbandFrog

For some reason I always took you for left of center.

This season has been mostly meh. The last 3 episodes were some redemption but they went too far with agendas. Keely's situation with Jack was completely unnecessary and forced. I found Trent to be way more believable than Collin.
Oh I am center leaning left, but even I hate/ know nonsense when I see it.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Almost every new show to tv lately is at best, meh, and mostly hot garbage. The exception to this are cooking shows, sword and knife shows and car shows. And, Curb Your Enthusiasm is hysterical.

Other than that, most movies or shows Steel watches are old, sometimes decades old.