• The KillerFrogs

OT - big fire in Aledo

Chongo94

Big fire somewhere north of 20 in Aledo/Willow Park area. Kinda near the Brookshire's. Smoke is visible for miles.

Anyone know what's burning? It's not a controlled burn by the way, saw fire services rushing to the scene.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Big fire somewhere north of 20 in Aledo/Willow Park area. Kinda near the Brookshire's. Smoke is visible for miles.

Anyone know what's burning? It's not a controlled burn by the way, saw fire services rushing to the scene.
Just saw it from my backyard. It is so big I didn’t think it was smoke. With this wind, it could be trouble.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
View from Sid Rich

ula35.jpg

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Tried to leave Aledo via the freeway and had to turn around and take a back way. I’m not sure I’ll even be able to get back home.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
I'm assuming ranch house road at Brookshire's is shut down?...can't even make it to 1187 then?
No I had to take 1187 back down through town and turn by the middle school to take Aledo/Iona Rd to Markum Ranch Rd and get on 20 from there. But the way the fire is spreading I’m not sure I can take that route back home. And school is about to let out. This is nuts.

Realtorfrog

Morningstar and Walsh are being evacuated. Walsh and McCall elementary have been evacuated. The last pics I saw showed the flames very close to Walsh. 20 closed in both directions.