• The KillerFrogs

OT - big fire in Aledo

Purpletoad

My old stomping ground was vista del arroyo. Western Sky sounds familiar but I can't picture it. I do remember Twin mountain and original zentners (not daughter). my parents still there but i've been gone about 30 years. I still do get all my tamales from there. Surprised all the mom and pop mexican food is surviving the onslaught of pre-cooked chain restaurants.

sketchy

My ex-wife left downtown at 5p, and somehow made it to Aledo HS by 5:40, and was halfway back downtown.
In that same time frame, because of everyone detouring off I-20, it took me longer to get from Pecan Valley to Whiskey Flats.

BABYFACE

The names of the streets in this area are awfully waspy.
Hmm, I had noticed this until you mentioned it.
tumblr_msioyxlil51roa7c8o2_250.gif

Pharm Frog

My old stomping ground was vista del arroyo. Western Sky sounds familiar but I can't picture it. I do remember Twin mountain and original zentners (not daughter). my parents still there but i've been gone about 30 years. I still do get all my tamales from there. Surprised all the mom and pop mexican food is surviving the onslaught of pre-cooked chain restaurants.

If you don't remember Western Sky you probably don't recall La Casa Blanca out in Lakeview either. Was owned by a university professor and had the best guiso I've ever eaten. Eat at Twin Mountain fairly often since Daughter decided to go to Angelo. KC steak and scraps. Haven't been to Zentner's since a very uncomfortable dinner with Phyliss Schlafly and Sarah Weddington when we had them in for a debate at the University (early 1990's). Bobcat Goldthwaite loved the place. I always thought there were better steakhouses around here. Used to eat at Z Daughters almost every Sunday night since the cafeteria was closed for that meal. ZD would give students a hamburger with a huge patty and a bushel of fries and house salad and then another patty to take back to the dorm if you wanted it. $5 and they asked that you not tip if you were a residence hall student.

As for the vista del arroyo....can't tell you how many times I had to go retrieve my basset hound from the vista after he would escape from the yard.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I had business in San Angelo from time to time long ago. When I offered to take my accounts out to dinner, we always wound up at Zentner's Daughter. I liked the joint!

sketchy

The names of the streets in this area are awfully waspy. Maybe that isn't the best use of the word but something like that.

Why don’t you give us some examples of street names that are less.....”waspy”

If you were serious with your comment, you’re an idiot.

Long Time Lurker

Trump must have named the streets...stupid racist streets.

I’m almost certain he set those fires too. Must be celebrating the 1 year anniversary the women’s march.

Eight

Why don’t you give us some examples of street names that are less.....”waspy”

If you were serious with your comment, you’re an idiot.

area in mesquite where the streets are named after civil war battlefields....waiting to drive through there and see all the names changed

Nah I’m south of 20, just past where 1187 splits off from FM 5. Thankfully.
Pretty impressive to see it from where we were. Do you work form home or just playing hooky yesterday? When it first started blazing I was driving north from office in "downtown" Aledo and it was so big it looked like it was near Bankhead Road by the high school. The firefighters here are outstanding.

I heard Aledo recruited a lot of them from LD Bell. :D
Bada bing.....Since Ryan Newsome was the ONLY former Bell transfer to Aledo how is this a joke? Please advise - I must have missed the "joke.". ... I am old enough to remember when Bell was actually good and the Bell/Trinity game was must see HS football every year.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Pretty impressive to see it from where we were. Do you work form home or just playing hooky yesterday? When it first started blazing I was driving north from office in "downtown" Aledo and it was so big it looked like it was near Bankhead Road by the high school. The firefighters here are outstanding.
Both.