• The KillerFrogs

OT- any of you tech geniuses wanna explain this ATT outage junk?!

Chongo94

Wanna hear something funny?

Our Uverse TV is out but our Uverse internet is working and we're Netflixing like a SOB.

That’s how mine is thankfully. I have friends who work from home and they’ve been without internet all day.

The U-verse app works somehow by the way so you can airplay that to your tv maybe if you’d like.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
you have me confused with the technicians at att
You want to call tech support and try to get them to help you get a service they aren’t currently capable of giving you? You want to know why you’re on hold for an hour? Because millions of people are calling in about the same thing.

Just checking the internet and seeing “huge fire, everything destroyed” is enough for me to know this is a gigantic problem and no Philippines dumbass is going to be able to help me.

Tom Brown

I don’t know how many of you have ATT for your internet and tv but apparently (according to the ATT story) a facility in Richardson was struck by lightning today, which started a fire.

The fire burned the primary and backup systems and people across North Texas but now down into the Austin area have been without service. Att has provided almost zero updates about this crap. I can’t imagine the type of monetary losses some businesses are incurring due to this.

Is it common practice to store your backup system in the same facility as the primary one?? Is there no way to reroute systems? How can a corporate entity of this size be so unprepared for something like this in a metro area of this size?? Junk like this only serves to move me further into the cutting the chord camp.

Chongo MAD!

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Wanna hear something funny?

Our Uverse TV is out but our Uverse internet is working and we're Netflixing like a SOB.
Some people in my subdivision have internet and some don’t. Att is our only internet here.

Doesn’t make sense.
This means some of the structure is still in place and that they’re able to roll it back out slowly.

Not to sound like a dick, but nut up, y’all lol. I’ve been without electricity for longer than this thanks to a storm. And that’s with Oncor being precisely prepared for that type of situation. And AT&T wasn’t.

f_399

Cutting the chord won’t work because that would require an internet connection.

If anything, this is a reason not to cut the chord.

Eight

You want to call tech support and try to get them to help you get a service they aren’t currently capable of giving you? You want to know why you’re on hold for an hour? Because millions of people are calling in about the same thing.

Just checking the internet and seeing “huge fire, everything destroyed” is enough for me to know this is a gigantic problem and no Philippines dumbass is going to be able to help me.

if you tell them at the end of the call you had good customer service everything goes back to normal