• The KillerFrogs

OT- any of you tech geniuses wanna explain this ATT outage junk?!

Chongo94

I don’t know how many of you have ATT for your internet and tv but apparently (according to the ATT story) a facility in Richardson was struck by lightning today, which started a fire.

The fire burned the primary and backup systems and people across North Texas but now down into the Austin area have been without service. Att has provided almost zero updates about this crap. I can’t imagine the type of monetary losses some businesses are incurring due to this.

Is it common practice to store your backup system in the same facility as the primary one?? Is there no way to reroute systems? How can a corporate entity of this size be so unprepared for something like this in a metro area of this size?? Junk like this only serves to move me further into the cutting the chord camp.

Pharm Frog

Learning, learning that for sure today.

Question - are you really Congo94 but added the “h” to be more sophisticated? I ask because you expressed a desire to cut the chord and it did not appear to be a musical reference.

Also...because you’ll feel compelled to respond and the avatar bait will have worked again.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Richardson has been their giant hub for many years, and apparently the damage was pretty substantial. There’s no doubt they’re doing what they can to get it fixed because it affects so many people, and in turn, their bank account. It’s sucked ass all day but it’s a freak thing.

Chongo94

Question - are you really Congo94 but added the “h” to be more sophisticated? I ask because you expressed a desire to cut the chord and it did not appear to be a musical reference.

Also...because you’ll feel compelled to respond and the avatar bait will have worked again.

I have always been sophisticated! And you’re welcome.

Chongo94

If you understood what it will take to fix the issue, and how fast it’ll happen, you’d have more respect for ole’ AT&T.

This is part of the problem. What does it take? Why don’t they let their customers know what that issue is? That’s part of my problem. Basically no updates whatsoever aside from a canned response saying they are aware of the problem.

Chongo94

Richardson has been their giant hub for many years, and apparently the damage was pretty substantial. There’s no doubt they’re doing what they can to get it fixed because it affects so many people, and in turn, their bank account. It’s sucked ass all day but it’s a freak thing.

I get that it was a freak thing but I also find it horrible mismanagement that a company would store both its primary and backup systems in the same location.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
This is part of the problem. What does it take? Why don’t they let their customers know what that issue is? That’s part of my problem. Basically no updates whatsoever aside from a canned response saying they are aware of the problem.
AT&T is the TCU of telecom.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
I get that it was a freak thing but I also find it horrible mismanagement that a company would store both its primary and backup systems in the same location.
I believe it’s backup electrical systems. As in, if one goes goes, you wire it to the backup. Storing backup servers at another location would require massive infrastructure, and that’s not even the problem right now anyway.

Eight

att sucks, the stuff isn't working, if you want call them and ted in the phillipines will be happy to help you do absolutely nothing but waste time after you have been on hold for an hour

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
att sucks, the stuff isn't working, if you want call them and ted in the phillipines will be happy to help you do absolutely nothing but waste time after you have been on hold for an hour
You obviously have no idea how any of this works.

Chongo94

You obviously have no idea how any of this works.

I clearly don’t, which is why I was asking. I never thought about the server aspect to it. Thank you for clearing that part up.

I have figured out that the U-verse app works although I don’t have access to any dvr recordings so that is something interesting.